Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

deep down i'm kinda happy that this won't be as huge as the first movie, i really dislike MCU and the fact that people truly believe they are making good movies

I'd love to see BvS overgrossing Ultron

It's not near record. The Sunday number proves the fight was not the influence on Saturday

The fight did have an influence. Anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

• Like 5

So, there you have it. As expected after Friday's underwhelming number (vs what was expected). People still thought movie could have a chance at least $200 million. This was not even close.

First Update, Sunday AM: Refresh for updates. If you think about it for a minute: The Avengers really did beat Ultron — at the box office, that is. Walt Disney Pictures is calling the opening weekend for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron at $187.7M this morning, making it the second highest opening weekend of all-time at the domestic B.O., behind 2012’s Avengers $207.4M. Now the question becomes how high can these superheros fly? Avengers turned around a 3x multiple of its bow for a final stateside cume of $623.4M — and that’s off an A+ CinemaScore which typically carries an average 4.8x multiple. Ultron earned an A, which typically translates into a 3.6x multiple, which would put the sequel well north of $650M per that B.O

http://deadline.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron-thursday-box-office-1201419080/