Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I have to be out of your club on principle.

Ik and I want you to be. But youre the most popular cat in these forums. What Im saying is I need you, for marketing purposes.

• Like 1

Perspective.

I've listed below films and their immediate sequels that I consider to be genuine phenomenons like the first Avengers movie was. Movies that adjust to over $500 million on their first runs.

Now tell me....

Does anyone spot a pattern here?

Star Wars - $307.3 million

Empire Strikes Back - $209.4 million

Jurassic Park - $357.1 million

The Lost World - $229.1 million

Batman $251.2 million

Batman Returns $162.8 million

Home Alone - $285.8 million

Home Alone 2 - $173.6 million

Raiders of the Lost Ark - $212.2 million

Temple of Doom - $179.9 million

Spider-Man - $403.7 million

Spider-Man 2 - $373.6 million

The Dark Knight - $534.9 million

The Dark Knight Rises - $448.2 million

The Phantom Menace - $431.1 million

Attack of the Clones - $302.2 million.

I think that just about sums up just how ridiculous some of you guys are being about Ultron's massive opening.

Ultimately, this was the sequel to a phenomenon like all of the above were - not just a huge hit.

There is a difference. If it now finishes under $500 million domestic - well so what? History already told us it would.

• Like 4

Pretend you didn't. Whatever. That in itself (rewriting history after being proven wrong) is a typical fanboy thing to do.

What? I am not being a fanboy. I hate Marvel and I hate superhero films.

someone back me up please....

Rth is a god guys, his $95-$100m Friday, $63m-$67m Saturday predictions are the gold standard that can't be challenged & anyone who disagrees should GTFO.

Hahahahahahahaha

Are you done yet? Seriously I've never seen someone get so much joy out of this. Calm down.

People talking about others having some perspective but no one is saying this is a terrible amount, just that its disappointing in context to the first film.

If the first Avengers has opened to a 150mil opening weekend, we would all be blown away by AOU's 187 mil OW, THATS perspective.

Nope, so? People are saying those who disagree, don't shower rth with praise should be banned so what goes around comes around.

Disagreeing and trying to dance on his nonexistent grave are two different things.

• Like 1

I don't think Age of Ultron was ever going to effect it, regardless of if it was positive or negative.

I mean people might think these movies all look similar and just not see them.

You guys back off. Who are you calling when you are worried and need the earliest accurate estimates for your fave movies which no one else can give ?RTH. He was wrong today does not mean he is wrong always. He was right when I usually track box office and I give him credit for that. Ya'll are a mess.

• Like 5

It's only 14m higher than IM3? That's what you guys are using as your reason to be disappointed with this number? News flash. IM3 had an absolutely gargantuan opening weekend. The fact that AOU came within 10% of TA is pretty impressive. A 207m OW In 2012 was way before it's time IMO....