Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

yes, yes, its all the 'Fights' fault. Yeah the fight caused Friday's and Sunday's numbers right?.

If it was all down to the Fight, next weekend should have a good hold then.

We will see, bounceback today should happen if it was just the crazy Saturday in sports.

Everyone quit bitching sports killed Saturday numbers yeah so what but seriously this an alright opening for a sequel what some of us have known since the talk about this making the 200 million mark opening weekend is that it's tough for a film to that again. Anyway I expect this to do okay next weekend against Hot Pursuit(which that will do average numbers) but it's third weekend against Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max is my big concern.

Edited by Maxmoser3

There's not fatigue.

Avengers 1 was a break out hit so of course the sequel is going to make less regardless of everything.

The first movie was so big there was no where to go but down.

If Infinity War pt 1 gets good reviews the franchise could rebound a little and average 525 m per movie.

I'm not worried. Disney knows when to hit doubles, triples, home runs and grand slams.

Avengers 1 was a grand slam. AOU was a double. But Marvel has been down this road many times before.

Edited by grey ghost

I can't believe people are getting mad at other people finding this number disappointing, when this is a box office site.

It's hilarious the crying in here this morning but expected based on the hype/predictions before the release/rth getting fanboys hopes up.

Oh well, life is funny sometimes.

I'm going to say it ends with around $480 million on a 2.55x multiplier. It was probably affected a lot by the Pac Man fight and the Kentucky Derby, so it shouldn't fall too hard next weekend, but it's definitely not going to hold super well after that.

It's hard to say second highest OW ever is disappointing but in a lot of ways it is because with all the hype and presales it feels like it should have at least gotten close to 200m. It'll be a while before we see another 200m opener most likely.