Noctis

MONDAY ACTUALS: AGE OF ULTRON - 13.23M (Normal -74% Drop)

This is too much TDK talk even for me fellas.

Let's concentrate on how well Ultron is doing. 200M+ in 4 days is amazing.

• Like 6

And every wide release film has an "unfair advantage" over limited releases.

It's simply the industry. Nobody MADE people go see TDK or F7.

Those movies got limited releases for a good reason, they had limited appeals.

Anyway, it's my personal view. I can't look at TDK and FF7 B.O. numbers without seeing an asterisk. You can't change my view and I'm not trying to change yours. Let's agree to disagree.

Maybe it'll rebound. I've heard a lot of conservatives say they're going to pay to see AOU now just to piss off the feminists attacking the movie. What kind of world are we living in where GamerGate people are supporting Whedon? It's a crazy, upsidedown world and I want no part of it!

Oh my god...politics in this one too?

Jesus...you would think not watching cable news networks would keep that stuff out of your life.   It still gets in my face though.

Jumping-Out-of-Window.gif

Maybe it'll rebound. I've heard a lot of conservatives say they're going to pay to see AOU now just to piss off the feminists attacking the movie. What kind of world are we living in where GamerGate people are supporting Whedon? It's a crazy, upsidedown world and I want no part of it!

I thought it was only a few twitter loonies that attacked him, not the feminists in the real world.

Edited by KATCH 22

Jumping-Out-of-window.gif

A few Twitter/Internet loons means a lot now??

AOU made 66.67% of what TA made on Monday.  TA also made 424m after its opening weekend, so if AOU makes 66.67% of 424M (283m) after its opening of 191m we are looking at a total of 474M. But that's probably best case scenario....450M should be the target at this point. 

CA2 had a multiplier of 2.73

However it's ow was 9.3x the midnights.

TA2's ow was 6.9x the midnights.

Looking at that front-loading even at the high end it's tough to imagine TA2 getting a multiplier north of 2.65 and a 507m total.

Falling short of 500m though looks likely. Probably ~480m.

I don't consider it disappointing. It would have been disappointing if TA2 was the only MCU film after TA1. Considering CA2, Thor 2 and IM3 all benifited from TA1 by a large amount, some correction is normal. They were all quasi-sequels that finanacially benifited. So TA2 was going to compensate somewhat, down from a stellar performance from TA1.

Edited by a2k

AOU made 66.67% of what TA made on Monday.  TA also made 424m after its opening weekend, so if AOU makes 66.67% of 424M (283m) after its opening of 191m we are looking at a total of 474M. But that's probably best case scenario....450M should be the target at this point. 

Where did you get 424? 623-207 = 416.