antovolk

Annihilation | Paramount | Feb 23 2018 | Alex Garland | Natalie Portman | Reviews Embargoed till day of release

36 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

It's more STALKER meets Cronenberg than ARRIVAL (though I can see why they're taking that angle with marketing: trippy, high-falutin' sci-fi with female scientist lead.)

yeah, Stalker is a good point. I see several movies in this trailer:

Stalker - there's a Forbidden Zone of sorts

Solaris - the zone may create replicas of humans, Natalie's husband may or may not be one of those Zone Humans

Arrival/Contact - female lead communicates with whatever is in the zone (aliens? other beings?) 

Any horror ever - female lead may be the final girl if her female team doesn't return from the zone

It gets better with rewatch. I'm definitely interested but I'm afraid that the tease for the Zone may be more intriguing than the answer what the Zone is.

EDIT: 

2001 - The Zone may have the message for the humanity

EDIT: re: body horror. Please tell me this is not another Mother! I wanted to see Mother! until I read the third act spoiler and I just couldn't. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

It's more STALKER meets Cronenberg than ARRIVAL (though I can see why they're taking that angle with marketing: trippy, high-falutin' sci-fi with female scientist lead.)

Yay, can't wait for those 15 minute scenes of nothing!

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

You know, you haven't seen it either. You should be shunned even more with the amount of anti-mother! stuff you post :) 

I never once said it was bad or anything, how could i? :P 

• Like 1