kayumanggi

ME BEFORE YOU | 06.03.16 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $56,245,075

I imagine the budget isn't very high so probably will be a moderate success. Weird to see a British film backed by WB/New Line/MGM that isn't big budget like Bond or Potter. Universal do it with Working Title films and films like Dad's Army and Mrs Brown's Boys and Fox Searchlight occasionally does a Marigold Hotel or a literary adaptation like Far from the Madding Crowd. 

7 hours ago, Belakor said:

Yeah , if you are a teenager , this looks like the type of movie your GF would force you to see.

What a shame I don't have one. At the same time, a lot of girls at school want to see this, and most don't have boyfriends. I can take my pick that weekend ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

What a shame I don't have one. At the same time, a lot of girls at school want to see this, and most don't have boyfriends. I can take my pick that weekend ;)

Now that's good thinking.

This is being screened tomorrow in San Francisco in a big event. Free Uber rides for people attending and they are giving away goodie bags and other prizes as well. The final promotional push begins... I think this can break out with the female demo for sure, big bestselling book and a market that doesn't have any explicitly female targeted movies currently. I can see this having a leggy run through June.

• Like 1