kayumanggi

ME BEFORE YOU | 06.03.16 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $56,245,075

For what it's worth my sister saw it for her 15th birthday and she gave it "9.9/10"

Her favourite movie of the year so far, but then I asked what the next few were...

"well this obviously, and then Mother's Day, and then the Boss, and then maybe Jungle Book... no wait Allegiant then zootopia then jungle book". So take that for what you will :lol:

• Like 5

Nice to see a low-budget film on pace for $50 million+ DOM. Summer 2016 needs some of these smaller success stories with Alice 2 bombing hard, TMNT 2 disappointing big time, X-Men going under expectations and Neighbors 2/Civil War/Angry Birds having pretty terrible legs. 

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I heard this movie basically says

Reveal hidden contents

:o

Well... Here's the director responding to the controversy (spoilers, obviously). Basically, she says it's a bestseller and they couldn't possibly change the ending without it seeming like a copout and annoying the book fans, and there was never this much backlash from the book, etc. True, because I had no idea, I just saw the trailers with Emilia Clarke brightening up Finick's life in a bunch of bright, pretty dresses, and then, I stumbled upon a review this morning that totally spoiled the plot in the headline (normally I'd be pissed but I'm kind of glad for the head's up). People taking issue with the story are using the hashtag

Spoiler

#MeBeforeEuthanasia. Everyone has their own feelings but the whole thing feels so retro, like an acceptable sentiment 10, 20, 30 years ago,

I can't believe the story was just written in 2012 and became a thing.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Hide contents

it s better to be dead than crippled , is this true ?

Spoiler

I'd rather be dead than crippled. I think that's a choice for the individual faced with that situation to make.

Edited by Biph Shmata

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Hide contents

it s better to be dead than crippled , is this true ?

Spoiler

The movie doesn't take any kind of stance on the "moral" aspect of the whole thing. We just accept that Claflin's character decides that he would rather die with dignity than live the rest of his life as a shell of his former self.

I didn't really like this. I was nowhere close to crying either.

The awful performance from the lead female is what stopped me from investing emotionally. She was like a cartoon character. Very theatre/stage like performance, over the top with cheesy delivery. 

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I didn't really like this. I was nowhere close to crying either.

The awful performance from the lead female is what stopped me from investing emotionally. She was like a cartoon character. Very theatre/stage like performance, over the top with cheesy delivery. 

memeslanding.com_193_1365775200.jpg

• Like 1