Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

tumblr_inline_nmdk6iKjiC1qlacrn.gif

Disgusting.

You calling it Bitch Perfect is frat boy misogyny and the lowest common denominator insult.

It's amazing how some people are so easily offended.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

The early tracking a month or so ago was under 30 for the opening, and combine that with the bad rumors about production and other things, plus the long incubation time, it all added up to MMFR looking like a complete dud.  Then a week ago tracking had it possibly as high as 40m and things started looking up, then the reviews came in and now with an almost guaranteed 40+ and likely very healthy legs...    Things are looking much much better for Max than I expected.

I never really thought it was the type of movie that was going to hit with general audiences even with the great reviews. Unspectacular box office run, but becomes a cult classic like many other films. 

The term "cult classic" is so overused. Re-Animator is a cult classic. A film that opens to $40 million and tops $100 million does not have a cult following, it has large amounts of fans. Even when art films top $30 million domestically it's said they "crossed over to the mainstream."

Yeah Scott Pilgrim and Dredd were cult classics. They wish they had the OW of MMFR as their full gross :D  and in Dredd's case its worldwide total :ph34r:

• Like 1

LOL You mean the 56 year old who put out her first single 32 1/2 years ago, yet recently got her 21st Billboard 200 Top 10 album and just broke the all time record for the most #1s on any Billboard chart ever?

Rebel Heart, after two SOLO singles, has sold more than Ariana's album globally despite getting 1/500th the radio airplay and exposure so I'm not seeing your point?

What? Lol

Rebel Heart is at 689k WW while Ariana's last album is at 1,9kk.

Edited by Raphael Perfect

It's amazing how some people are so easily offended.

I got suspended for saying that Katy Perry would have a Sugarland stage collapse at the Super Bowl. Nothing offends me.

I will drag BKB for being a virginal basement-dwelling pedobear misogynist.

• Like 2

I got suspended for saying that Katy Perry would have a Sugarland stage collapse at the Super Bowl. Nothing offends me.

Not offended, just calling it as it is.

tumblr_n94rmmeEWF1qa6groo3_250.gif

Drag a bit, sisters.

You are just so dull it's unbelievable.