Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

So they showing off Charlie Hunnam and high pitched scientist guy in the trailer more would have made the movie do better at the box office??? Lol you guys

Weren't you one of the chorus saying Godzilla wasn't going to open well because the trailers weren't showing enough human element?

Edited by PDC1987

Weren't you one of the chorus saying Godzilla wasn't going to open well because the trailers weren't showing enough human element?

That was hilarious because as soon as the film opened the human element was the thing everyone bashed. :lol:

The job of marketing isn't to accurately represent the movie, it's to get butts in seats.

Sometimes a movie doesn't have those goods. Not much a marketing team can do about that

• Like 2

This new BOM writer needs to be cut asap. Never thought I'd miss Ray so much.

Yeah, he is rubbish. But maybe we should be directing feedback to him and how to improve by tweeting @IMDbkeith - he is new, after all, to writing for BOM so don't expect perfection.

Sometimes a movie doesn't have those goods. Not much a marketing team can do about that

There is plenty of material within Pacific Rim to cut together a strong trailer.

Why did I go on to the comments section of the weekend box office report on IGN? There are people there seriously suggesting that "all female Ghostbusters could beat Star Wars and Batman v Superman" because "Pitch Perfect beat Avengers". The stupidity is physically hurting me.

• Like 1

Godzilla had a sensational marketing campaign. Legitimately don't remember anyone complaining about it

that trailer was a masterpiece. Godzilla was a mediocre to half-decent movie but because the trailers were so amazing, they ended up hurting the movie's reception. I don't think I would have loved it if I was going in blind, but I wouldn't be so dissapointed for sure. It was kind of an OK movie with a lot of problems, but it looks like shit next to the masterpiece the trailers were advertising.

• Like 1

Why did I go on to the comments section of the weekend box office report on IGN? There are people there seriously suggesting that "all female Ghostbusters could beat Star Wars and Batman v Superman" because "Pitch Perfect beat Avengers". The stupidity is physically hurting me.

Uh, that's hardly the problem with the comments sections under articles about this weekend box office lol.

• Like 1