Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Wtf! BOM has a showdown between Pitch Perfect 1 and 2 even though PP2 has outgrossed the firsts entire run. No doubt it was that Simanton guy who thought there could still be a"Showdown"

That is a pretty ridiculous showdown. Maybe PP2 vs 22JS or PP2 vs Austin Powers 2, or even PP2 vs Great Gatsby could be better showdowns.

• Like 1

Y'all have really been tearing into this new BOM writer :lol:

At least Ray knew his showdowns. I once tweeted him to make a GOTG vs MJ vs Sniper showdown and he said that the limited release threw things off so he didn't make it.

• Like 2

I don't know why IFC gave it 1000 theaters. They didn't even give this many theaters to Boyhood and then all of a sudden 1000+ theaters for a Jack Black movie that was completely panned.

Sun looking like

PP2 16.2, MMFR 12.5, AOU 11.5

That is 1M above WB's estimate. Awesome. It was also obvious PP2 was gonna end with 69M. The same happened last year with Universal's Neighbors. 

How strong can WOM possibly be on a Cinemascore of B??? Isn't that considered average with a grade like that???

Wolf of Wall Street had a C-, Inception also had a B. Cinemascore means shit. 

• Like 3

How strong can WOM possibly be on a Cinemascore of B??? Isn't that considered average with a grade like that???

I just looked at the last two years worth of R rated films to see if something has held stronger, the only thing which has is American Hustle which got a 7x multi. Nothing else comes close. So yeah pretty strong hold.

EDIT: American Hustles hold was due to Christmas holidays. So I cant find anything close.

Edited by eXtacy