kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

A movie review is a lot what did you personally feel when judging it and is impossible to not take them into account nor would most of your reader you developed a relation with would want you to do.

Referring a world cup is quite different.

Again disagree, there are plenty of fun movies that are a blast to watch that reviewers blast because of their quality. This is a reversal of that situation, you don't blast the film that's quality because of a an actor involved.

Just now, HesAPooka said:

Again disagree, there are plenty of fun movies that are a blast to watch that reviewers blast because of their quality. This is a reversal of that situation, you don't blast the film that's quality because of a an actor involved.

Uncle Drew, for a quick example, just got positive reviews solely because it’s fun.  I don’t think many critics will argue that film’s a masterpiece or that it’s even particularly well made, but clearly enough people enjoyed it to the point where it ended up with a decent reception.

• Like 1

And if a film is fun and intends to be fun, then shouldn’t that make it good?  Like I can understand criticizing a film/giving it a negative review if a film is fun for the wrong reasons, but if a film sets out to be fun and does its job then shouldn’t that warrant positive reviews?

10 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Have to disagree, It's no different than being a judge at the Olympics or a referee at the world cup. You put personal feelings aside and judge without biases, that's the job

xOQ6nGr.gif

i definitely watch movies exactly like a referee. every time a film indulges in a cliche i'm tired of or i see a bit of bad acting i blow my whistle and get out the YELLOW CARD. sometimes even a red if i'm especially offended. my truth telling has gotten me kicked out of so many cinemas but it's PART OF THE JOB.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

If they had a blast watching them they would not blast them (well maybe some rare weirdo does it but that would be obviously wrong to do).

Some people fall asleep trying to watch transformer 4 or 5 (I did) while other have a blast with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i definitely watch movies exactly like a referee. every time a film indulges in a cliche i'm tired of or i see a bit of bad acting i blow my whistle and get out the YELLOW CARD. sometimes even a red if i'm especially offended. my truth telling has gotten me kicked out of so many cinemas but it's PART OF THE JOB.

So what is the film equivalent of a Neymar roll?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

Heavy foreshadowing gets a flag and a 10-yard penalty from me. Sorry, but it's part of the job. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

We need more brave heros such as yourself policing crimes against cinema. Bravo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Looks like a nice win for Paramount. With this, Quiet Place and Book Club it's looking like a comeback year for them. If Bumblebee doesn't outright flop it'll be a good year for them. 

8 years ago I thought their future would be Star Trek movies. Whoops 

I've actually called the police in regard to Top Gun 2. The red card isn't enough of a punishment given what they've done there (in casting Teller instead of Set It Up star Glen Powell). I didn't feel good about it but it's part of the job.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

a film trying to get sympathy/pathos from the death of an annoying character. like marlon wayans in dungeons and dragons  or something.

George from Dunkirk is the new Marlon Wayans from Dungeons and Dragons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I've actually called the police in regard to Top Gun 2. The red card isn't enough of a punishment given what they've done there (in casting Teller instead of Set It Up star Glen Powell). I didn't feel good about it but it's part of the job.

i've already advised the manager/director that Teller isn't fit to play and he should probably make a substitution with Powell. i've done this by tweeting at the official @topgunmovie twitter account 30 times a day all part of my job. it's a gift and a curse.

• Like 2