#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

Legacy's WOM wasn't too great, combine that with how much time would pass before Tron 3 and you have almost no chance of it increasing either domestically or worldwide. On the other hand, though MMFR might not even get to $150m DOM, enough people are crazy about it that WB should totally expect its follow-up to increase, especially if both Miller and Hardy come back.

I think Theron returning is more important than Hardy returning.  He was Mad Max INO.

So F7 is about to become the third biggest movie ever. Insane.

And without trying to hate on the movie, pretty much the most random in that list. In 5 years of time, this movie will be completely forgotten, while movies like Titanic, Avatar, Avengers, Frozen or HP 7.2 pretty much had a cultural impact for what they were. Hell, even Transformers 3 is less random.

I think Theron returning is more important than Hardy returning.  He was Mad Max INO.

Mmmm, I don't agree with that. In fact, given how each movie in the series tends to move to a difference scenario with Max as the connective tissue, I don't see her returning. I suppose they could do the Furiosa spinoff (maybe as well as a more traditional sequel?), but if it's a prequel, my interest would be lessened.

• Like 1

This is actually not the only article of this flavour that I've seen. They've somehow managed to be more embarrassing than the "if you laughed at Jupiter Ascending's goofy ass you've killed original sci-fi" stuff from a few months ago.

It's just hilarious how critics these days have to TAKE A STAND on things. "Comic book movies bad, Michael Mann goooood."

The last line of that Aloha thing is so fucking snot-nosed that it genuinely annoys me.

• Like 3

I can understand them not making the Tron sequel but I think it is funny many people praising Disney for that are some of the same people who say it is a good idea to make Pacific Rim and Mad Max sequels even though they will make around the same amount of money worldwide with the same budget. 

I'm think bigger opening than the first, worse legs, ends ups round the same total

25m higher then the original isn't that much of a difference. That's pretty much exactly how I feel, though I have a feeling this'll be one of the few comedic sequels to get good WOM.

Nah, you could feasibly make another movie with Theron, but not without Hardy. I'd like her to return if it feels organic, of course

It's just hilarious how critics these days have to TAKE A STAND on things. "Comic book movies bad, Michael Mann goooood."

The last line of that Aloha thing is so fucking snot-nosed that it genuinely annoys me.

I think anyone who spends article space trying to shame people because they didn't see a movie they didn't wanna see can eat my used toilet paper. actually good movies that aren't marvel studio products are never gonna fucking vanish, we don't need to stand up for every single one of them that dies.

• Like 4

Tron made about as much as MMFR is going to make, adjusted for its budget. If MMFR is getting a sequel I don't see why Tron is a problem.

Except Mad Max got really high praise from both critics and audiences whereas Tron Legacy is only really remembered for its score and nothing else.  And 400m WW for an R-rated action movie set in a post apocalyptic world with wacky shit in it is a LOT better than 400m WW for a PG family film from Disney intended to make a lot more.  Tron Legacy is only remembered for its score and nothing else.

Mmmm, I don't agree with that. In fact, given how each movie in the series tends to move to a difference scenario with Max as the connective tissue, I don't see her returning. I suppose they could do the Furiosa spinoff (maybe as well as a more traditional sequel?), but if it's a prequel, my interest would be lessened.

That's because you're a Hardy fanboy even more than a Miller fanboy. ;)

TBS seems to be having a Disney mega bombs marathon today. They had Haunted Mansion, then John Carter, now The Sorcerors Apprentice and next The Lone Ranger. And people wonder why Tron 3 was just cancelled.

Why has Disney consistently failed to do a decent live-action tent pole? Are they so deeply entrenched in animation that they are incapable of creating live action movies? They lucked out with those Pirates movies

Why has Disney consistently failed to do a decent live-action tent pole? Are they so deeply entrenched in animation that they are incapable of creating live action movies? They lucked out with those Pirates movies

They've changed their focus. Live-action productions aren't really their thing now (sure, they make one or two a year, but way less than other studios).

Saw SAN ANDREAS yesterday and surprisingly, I liked it. The movie is of course one big exaggeration but it made me wonder what if the big one happens here in my country? Just like what is said in the movie, it's not a matter of if but a matter of when. The last big quake made by a fault that runs through Manila was in the 1600s. We could get the next big one in our lifetime that's why the government has scheduled a metrowide post-earthquake drill on July 30th. It's going to be a simulation test from 3 pm - 8 pm. We won't have any communication, power among many things. Airports will be shutdown as well as businesses. The economic implications are being questioned by some groups but I think our country will lose more if we don't prepare for this. Have you had a similar drill before?

They've changed their focus. Live-action productions aren't really their thing now (sure, they make one or two a year, but way less than other studios).

That might have a little something do with now owning Marvel and Star Wars.

They tend to release fewer movies in general than other large studios.

Don't get me wrong, Theron owns all and I'd love to see her come back (provided it feels natural), but considering the franchise's history and Theron's personal experience on set of FR it's much more likely she won't return.

I can understand them not making the Tron sequel but I think it is funny many people praising Disney for that are some of the same people who say it is a good idea to make Pacific Rim and Mad Max sequels even though they will make around the same amount of money worldwide with the same budget. 

Mad Max is much more loved and its sequel should see a nice increase. PR2 is pretty much only getting made because China. 

Except PR2 will make fucking BANK in China.  If it still gets made, that is.