grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

8 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That a giant group of people to have a party with.

Greenlight by high-exec (maybe even owner considering the size) of Flagship Entertainment, Gravity Pictures, China Media Capital, Warner Brothers.

It even have the Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development involved has a partner....

They built this in part for this movie, but it will be permanent:

https://www.aucklandnz.com/film/auckland-film-industry/film-studios/kumeu-film-studios

My rate-paying at work. Jolly good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TLK said:

I'm gonna watch it for sure but why did this cost $150 million+ ? It looks barely a step above low budget movies like 47 meters down.

Probably the massive amounts of CGI. 

I mean 47 Meters Down didn't have giant underwater labs, an 80 foot shark and carnage on that grand scale. 47 Meters Down was 75% set in a cage.

Wait could we have some giant The Meg shark trilogy movie and it is in the third one they really go all cheasy !?

Could we have a sequel were they go bigger, like bigger shark, more tourist dying, shark with weapon's ?

Now that movie need to break out.

4 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

There’s more than one book? :thinking: 

There's:

The Meg

The Trench

Primal Waters

Hell's Aquarium 

Nightstalkers

Its entertaining even if the characters are all paper thin and cliches. 

The trailer makes it look weird tone wise, but it has Jason Statham fighting a Megalodon so I'm there day 1. Don't care how bad it is. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TLK said:

I'm gonna watch it for sure but why did this cost $150 million+ ? It looks barely a step above low budget movies like 47 meters down.

I mean, it clearly looks much more expensive than 47 Meters Down or Shallows.

Now, whether this movie looks like anything more than a really expensive B movie shark movie...

Who cares!  Ain’t my money!  Chomp chomp, I’ll watch it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Wait could we have some giant The Meg shark trilogy movie and it is in the third one they really go all cheasy !?

Could we have a sequel were they go bigger, like bigger shark, more tourist dying, shark with weapon's ?

Now that movie need to break out.

I just read some of the plots on wikipedia and I really want those movies now.

Look at some of the stuff in the third one(!):

Spoiler

M4psw1U.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

Just now, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if WB is betting on it breaking out in China and anything made domestic and OS-C is just gravy. 

I mean, it’s gotta break out big time to make those economics work, unless a Chinese company is front substantial portions of the budget.  I can’t see this doing Warcraft numbers in China, but, it might do better domestic.  Dunno.  I doubt Warcraft or Great Wall were actually profitable when all was said and done.

• Like 1