grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

What the heck was that? It looks so cheap.  150M budget? yeah right.....i never believe thos insane budgets. it's just a way to hype up the movie. this shit looks like a tv movie

2018 is really the year of sci-fi movies that looks like they were made with 50$

28 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I just read some of the plots on wikipedia and I really want those movies now.

Look at some of the stuff in the third one(!):

Spoiler

Didn't expect the word Vampire to show up, but yeah exactly the direction needed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Third book has the Megs attacking a reality show crew. 

And one of the sharks is named Scarface.

Ok maybe not make those movies, but it would be fun if they would make the trailers for them at least.

Nah this is looking goofy just on the surface (pun not intended) , the goofiness is just there to appeal to the widest audience.

You can see there's moments of tension building up in those underwater scenes and when trademark stoic Statham is fighting the shark. 

This is cut like Skull Island trailer to make it seem filled with levity(intentional or unintentional) but they aren't messing around with underwater creature scenes.

Also you can catch a tiny bit of additional footage in the international trailer (it's short and present itself more as a serious monster movie). Imo most of this uncanny goof factor is coming from some of the human cast half of which are gonna get devoured.

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

What the heck was that? It looks so cheap.  150M budget? yeah right.....i never believe thos insane budgets. it's just a way to hype up the movie. this shit looks like a tv movie

Can you name some of these TV movies, cause I’d like to see them.  I mean holy hyperbole.

That being said you shouldn’t believe most reported budgets.  Usually, the movies cost MORE.

I'm not getting the complaints about the change of tone. I mean, is this meant to be a serious movie?

It's Jason Stathan against a giant shark. Based or not on a book, it's crystal clear that the movie won't take itself seriously and that's the best thing it should do. You either buy that premise or not.

I'll be watching it day one! :)

• Like 5

I have no fucking idea what trailer some of you guys watched, because that was AWESOME.

Looks like the fucking Statham-Versus-Giant-Shark movie that we were promised.

Also...don't fucking say that it will flop because it looks goofy; Marvel Studios has built an empire on many goofy-ass movies.

That trailer was brilliant.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone else think it was silly that the trailer opened with the girl (and the audience) seeing the shark and how large it was and then in the very next sequence we're supposed to be shocked at seeing the enormous imprints on the glass after the fact?

also...

"AND CLIFF CURTIS"

:sparta:

Edited by AHackFraud
  • Like 1