grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

I watched the trailer, and what I’m confused about is why do they have to kill the shark?

Sure it’s a monster movie, shouldn’t logic your way through it, but it doesn’t make much sense.  Plus, it’s counter to what we should actually do if we discovered a species that was on the bridge of extinction.

51 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I watched the trailer, and what I’m confused about is why do they have to kill the shark?

Sure it’s a monster movie, shouldn’t logic your way through it, but it doesn’t make much sense.  Plus, it’s counter to what we should actually do if we discovered a species that was on the bridge of extinction.

Well, this shark eats people, whales and everything it can find. It is a biblical disaster.

59 minutes ago, Deke Rivers said:

Well, this shark eats people, whales and everything it can find. It is a biblical disaster.

Yeah, that much I get. What I don't get myself is where was it all this time and why is it a menace only now? I wonder if that's explained at all in the movie or books?

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Since this has a huge budget aiming for the widest possible audience, it won't be as entertaining Deep Blue Sea or as schlocky as Piranha 3D.

this is partly made with Chinese production so my bet is it makes up for that with the extensive creature feature element (China loves big monster, never count that out).

So it partially an underwater Jurassic World too imo.