Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

Was that me? Don't worry, it wasn't from the movie. I made it up.

Oh, that's good to hear.

Dude, you and other people spoiled the crap out of Tomorrowland in his thread during the OW. By the time I saw it I already knew the whole big theme behind it was the

optimism thing. 

My apologies about that, I tried to keep a lot of my stuff tagged, but it must've not been enough. To be fair, I don't necessarily think knowing the theme of a movie is a spoiler. At least in Tomorrowland's case, the theme was pretty well expressed by the marketing I thought. Still, sorry about that.

June is a tricky month for legs. It will need to have a good second weekend hold opposite JW to get anywhere near $150 million. Right now I am going to predict a multiplier similar to The Heat and Tammy so around $130 million finish.

I think it'll hold well, good counter-programming. I'm expecting much better WOM than Heat or Tammy

It's just a typical boring box office weekend. Numbers aren't exciting.

Derailments about Fassbender's serpent allowed week end threads to be exciting, a long time ago in a galaxy, far, far away, before " The Classic Conversation Dark Age".

Ancient Times.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Yeah I think it's crazy that San Andreas did so well but spy is doing slightly below expectations (or at least slightly below what I thought were general expectations).

Yeah I think it's crazy that San Andreas did so well but spy is doing slightly below expectations (or at least slightly below what I thought were general expectations).

I guess people went through a bit of McCarthy burnout after Tammy.

San Andreas' success I attribute to two things:

One is Chelsea Peretti's plug on Late Night.  ;)

The other is not The Rock.  ;)

Edited by Jay Beezy

So Spy...was probably the best movie I've seen this year. Yep, ahead of Mad Max (gasp)

So Spy...was probably the best movie I've seen this year. Yep, ahead of Mad Max (gasp), Avengers, San An, Spongebob, Kingsman, all of them. McCarthy was not reduced to a walking fat joke, the jokes were fresh, original, and fast, and there was a surprising amount of action that coherent, thrilling, and well executed. The 95% RT is not a fluke, this was a damn good movie. The most fun I've had in a while. 

I hate the unnecessary influx of sequels weve been getting, but I swear I hope we get a trilogy from this. So fun. And LMAO at

50 CENT!

They did a great job at hiding him. :lol:

I knew it.

Too bad this movie is a BO fiasco, so no fat sequels.