Jurassic World (2015)

158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

No, I didn't expect a movie to ask me to be real dumb like those characters for me to enjoy. Oh yeah, I could litter pages about those many dumb moments throughout the movie, it's almost like a parody of monster monsters, it's just one too many.

But Dinosaurs Dash

But Dinosaurs Dash

JP had its dumb moments but never I thought Malcolm, Grant, Ellie, Muldoon were dumbasses by making stupid decisions after stupid decisions just to advance the plot. Only Nedry was a fool and the incidents occuring are due to him fucking up the park's security. In JW, everybody is making ludicrous decisions after another just to get the plot going from the start.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 4

JP had its dumb moments but never I thought Malcolm, Grant, Ellie, Muldoon were dumbasses by making stupid decisions after stupid decisions just to advance the plot. Only Nedry was a fool and the incidents occuring are due to him fucking up the park's security. In JW, everybody is making ludicrous decisions after another just to get the plot going from the start.

I can't even remember much of Jurassic Park other than a man being eaten whilst taking a shit.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Poor British secretary I felt was extremely attractive.

Was I the only one who thought she looked like Keira Knightley?

Anyway, I loved this film, it was pure entertainment and nostalgia for me.  That last sequence is so awesome.  And Chris Pratt can do no wrong in my eyes.

• Like 1

I can't even remember much of Jurassic Park other than a man being eaten whilst taking a shit.

The thing I remember most was that lab guy who got trapped in the car with the dino who spewed slimy stuff which blinds you.  That entire sequence in the book was so much more gory.

• Like 1

Did they even give a reason for the I-Rex being THAT smart? Yeah it was part raptor and they're pretty clever, but they aren't as intelligent as that motherfucker was.

I feel like they really should have listed off all the DNA they used, but they couldn't, just so that they have that "twist" at the end.

• Like 1

Really, what was the big deal with the I-Rex? Why would it possibly boost revenues this insane amount? It looked exactly like a T-Rex with a few more spikes. I expected it to sprout wings or do some awesome hybrid dinosaur shit. It was just like a slightly faster T-Rex.

• Like 1

Really, what was the big deal with the I-Rex? Why would it possibly boost revenues this insane amount? It looked exactly like a T-Rex with a few more spikes. I expected it to sprout wings or do some awesome hybrid dinosaur shit. It was just like a slightly faster T-Rex.

More teeth

Did they even give a reason for the I-Rex being THAT smart? Yeah it was part raptor and they're pretty clever, but they aren't as intelligent as that motherfucker was.

I feel like they really should have listed off all the DNA they used, but they couldn't, just so that they have that "twist" at the end.

I thought the raptors in JP2 were extremely smart? That was when Grant said they were smarter than dolphins and primates.

• Like 1

The camouflage was pretty badass plus the raptor intelligence in such a huge animal.

The camouflage was pretty badass plus the raptor intelligence in such a huge animal.

True, but apparently the people running the park had no idea it could camouflage and were appalled at the idea, and also the raptor intelligence wouldn't really show up in a cage, so what were the corporate types so excited about?

• Like 1

What an awesome theatre experience I had.

The first half of the film, IMO, was a lot of fun, entertaining, but not spectacular. The second half (the last half hour in particular) was sensational.  I don't remember a film that gave a me the chills straight through like the last half hour.

Before I get to the ending, I'll touch on a few other things. Seeing the park functioning and operational was amazing. (And in my opinion was a big part of the draw on its way to $200 million plus in the OW). The gyroshpere, the fishtank, monorail etc- loved it.

The action was fantastic. When I-Rex busts up the gyrosphere and chases the kids into the waterfall, the pteredactals running loose, and the raptors-it was all top notch.

I thought Pratt, and BDH were great.  I didn't have any major problems with the kids so I was happy with the performances.  It was really cool seeing Wong back as well.

One of my biggest concerns after watching the trailers was how would they execute the trained raptors.  I felt it could be great or just horrible.  I'm happy to report they pulled it off.  The raptors were somewhat tame but also loose cannons. Even when they were helping-they could turn at any second. I thought they were executed as well as could be.

The only thing I would say is that Treverrow wasn't able to build the suspense Spielberg did in JP (and even The Lost World).  There was incredible tension in JP building up to the action (TRex scene, Raptors in the kitchen, Final scene of JP).  Even the Lost World, with mixed reviews, had some amazing scenes of suspenseful buildup (The trailer over the cliff/TRex attack, TRex in the camp, Raptors in the field).  That tension was never there in this one.  But saying someone doesn't live up to Spielberg is like saying a hockey player doesn't live up to Wayne Gretzky.  Nobody can match SS so that is to be expected.  Overall Treverrow did a great job of delivering the goods.

Finally, the ending. I could not have written up a better last half hour to the movie. When they said "We need more teeth" and BDH opened up the gate and pulled out the flare...Chills.  When the T-Rex came roaring out to mess up the I-Rex...chills.  When the monosaur came out of nowhere (ala SL Jackson-Deep Blue Sea) to get I-Rex....chills.  When the T-Rex and Raptor gave knowing glances for a job well done....chills. You get the point.  As a die hard fan of the original-that was pure bliss.  And for people that don't have a connection to the original-it is still an amazing action ender and a sure fire crowd pleaser.

It pretty much hit all the points I wanted to see.  And it treated the T-Rex like a conquering here with the respect it deserved.

Overall, an awesome movie that I can't wait to see again.

Exactly how I feel.  Pure bliss...loved every single frame of the film.

• Like 2

It always bothered me how Jurassic Park III had the Spinosauraus kill a T-Rex. I'm sure they felt they needed to show how tough Spino was but I always thought it was a slap in the face to the true star of the series.

Jurassic World makes sure that is made up for and then some with the T-Rex taking back his throne in the end.

• Like 3

The best movie i have seen this year. It pretty much had everything for a family blockbuster. The start was a bit slow but it picked up pretty quickly after that. Chris Pratt and BDH were good and the kids played their parts. I-Rex i liked but also hated. i guess there is something iconic about the T-Rex as supreme dinosaur predator. Also Spinasaurus (as much as i hate him) was more scary. Good to see Dr Wu back. Funny how i was watching Focus the other day and he was in it. I couldn't pick out where i had seen him before until i saw JW and remembered.

I didn't think the cinematography was very good though, seemed a bit standard. No iconic shots that will stay in my memory except for I-Rex death scene. Though the emergence of T-Rex out of his cell gave me goosebumps. That's when you knew the real shit was about to go down.

I was hesitant about the raptors being able to be trained but it made sense given how large their brains were compared to other dinosaurs. Though they looked smaller to me compared to the old movies. Not as intimidating. T-Rex vs I-Rex was the real shit though. Everyone in my showing paniced when T-Rex was about to have his head bitten off. Quite a few people cried out 'NO!' That just shows the love for T-Rex. Thats right fuck you Spinosaurus. Good comeback from T-Rex with the aid of ...Blue? lol seemed funny the little raptor running towards his potential doom.

Overall s good enjoyable popcorn flick and good to see Dinaosaurs ruling the Earth again. It didnt wow me like JP1 but then again that was one of the first true CGI used so it was a different impact as a child. Still would have preferred Spielberg had directed this but good job on Colins part.

A-

Edited by Omario
  • Like 2

A T-Rex with wings would've been way too schlocky, even for this movie.

It always bothered me how Jurassic Park III had the Spinosauraus kill a T-Rex. I'm sure they felt they needed to show how tough Spino was but I always thought it was a slap in the face to the true star of the series.

Jurassic World makes sure that is made up for and then some with the T-Rex taking back his throne in the end.

If it makes you feel better, the t-rex that died in that movie was probably the douchebag from the lost world that ate that dog.

• Like 2