K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

This also bolsters the chance of Chris Pratt being Indy. :)

Pratt was born to play Indiana Jones, albeit a lighter-hearted one than Harrison Ford. I hope he's planned out how he's goi g to spend the hundreds of millions he's going to earn over his acting career.

• Like 5

150M+ isn't a lock yet fellas. Can everyone relax before we somehow turn this weekend into a disappointment?

Fair. But, let us revel a bit. We'll know whether or not it's lock after the Friday numbers come in. My only plans tonight are to drink wine, watch B-grade dino romps and wait for numbers.

Fair. But, let us revel a bit. We'll know whether or not it's lock after the Friday numbers come in. My only plans tonight are to drink wine, watch B-grade dino romps and wait for numbers.

Might be that time again to watch BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs. 

• Like 2

While Pratt has only been in blockbusters since his career took off (so he hasn't been fully tested as an independent leading man), it's quite obvious audiences love him.  They should pair him and JLaw in a rom-com and get an explosive hit.

• Like 5

DON'T READ IF YOU DONT WANT SURPRISE RUINED!!

Opening day will be over $70 million, if not $75 million.

OR ANOTHER!!!

If it touches $80 million or more, opening weekend record is in play

OR THE BIGGEST SURPRISE!!!! :

It's probably 50/50 that JURASSIC WORLD tops Avengers and wins the summer (maybe even year).

:sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

Edited by ExcelFTW
  • Like 1

Ok, but I still think I had solid reasoning for doubting it. I'd seen too many attempted franchise revivals flop before this one I'm not saying you shouldn't have doubted it :) I just think it's unfair to dismiss those who got it right, that's all.
All the "evidence" that was pointed to earlier just felt like stuff you would only care about if you really wanted the film to break out. I give credit mostly to Universal's amped up campaign over the last few weeks. That was about when I became "resigned" to the fact that it was going to be a big hit. It's probably helped as well that the reviews have been good enough to not dissuade anyone from seeing it Edited by tribefan695