K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Seriously, dinosaurs have always been popular mainstream. Just needed the right film and the right star to lead it.

Way back when this movie was announced, I was a little worried that dino-special effects might be old news. Not as special as they were in 1993. Old news since you can see them on any old SyFy movie or Discovery Channel. But when that trailer hit, you just knew that this was worthy. Worthy of the name and worthy of being a must-see movie on the big screen. (Well, everybody knew except for the usual assclowns whining about "bad cgi", who seem to think that the cgi in every trailer always looks like the worst cgi ever.)

Hi. My name's Colin Trevorrow. You may remember me as the director who's second film made more money in its first hour then my first film made in its entire release worldwide.

Woah! Just amazing! Just Incredible! Never thought this would get over even 130!! Now we are looking at a possible 200m and basically guaranteed 180m+ OW :o  :o   !! This is insane!! All the disappointments over AOU (and please don't pick up this argument again, this is just my own personal opinion) are gonna be crushed now. 450m DOM here we come :):D   :excited:

I am shocked. I was thinking in 250 final gross, and it could be done in less than a week. Absurd. And glad for the film. This year we could have 3 films over 450 and 4 films over, maybe, 1.3 billion WW. And who knows if there is something more that surprises us. Great year.

Jesus. This is turning into a perfect storm of an OW.

Expect studios to scramble for any even vaguely recognised property they can re-franchise now. Back to Back to the Future?

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

ok so friday is pushing towards 83m ?

thats a 65m friday (without the thursday previews...)

just a 10% increase from that normal friday is 70m+ saturday  :blink:

even flat 83m + 65m + 45m = 193m and i'd say that's fairly lowend at this point.  :wub:

i'd say more like 83m + 67m + 54m = 204m .... yeah the OW record is definantly possible here...