K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Does everyone expect Pratt and Trevorrow to return for the next one?

Trevorrow already said he won't direct the next one. Maybe as a producer.

Pratt I expect will be lured back by Universal, but I hope he'll only come back if it's a good movie. I don't want him wasted on quality-reduced sequels.

Pratt I expect will be lured back by Universal, but I hope he'll only come back if it's a good movie. I don't want him wasted on quality-reduced sequels.

Hmm. Hope Universal hires a good director. Get Bong Joon-ho on the line.

I think Universal and Spielberg will make a strong pitch to Trevorrow to try and change his mind. This is his vision, I'd like to see him take it all the way.

I hope we didn't overestimate the OD too high.

I would love it to get somewhere around $81-85M OD.

RTH said it's over 80.

It's over 80.

• Like 3

I take it you haven't seen the movie then :)

It is made very clear where the sequels will go - and there is room for many, many more films.

Vague spoiler for what will happen in future movies, this is stuff set up in the first 20 mins of the film:

Dinosaurs are not limited to being in a park. InGen wants to militarise the dinos to use in wars, and it is made clear that that's what will happen.

I did see that, but I found it so far-fetched that I completely tried to ignore that. Sure, the concept of far-fetched is pointless when it comes to films about bringingdinosaurs back to life, but the whole scenario of an amusement park infested with dinos running amok is, to me, a tad easier to swallow than US-millitary-sanctioned war dinos running around in far-off places. I know that there's zero chance of this happening, but I wish that this were the last JP film.

Edited by cochofles