Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Top 5 Best films of 2015 so far

Pitch Perfect 2

Aloha

Tomorrowland

Strange Magic

Poltergeist

Jurassic World isn't even in my top 5

Is PP2 your favorite movie of the year so far?

its my favorite by like a mile

• Like 1

2015 reminds me of a very interesting year Universal once had.

2012 is a Year that Universal released Ted & Pitch Perfect which

were both surprise hits but it was also the Year that Battleship,

which Universal expected to do Transformers-like business,

Snow White, going after LOTR crowd, and Bourne Legacy,

an effort to continue the lucrative series, were all disappointments.

This year, with  Minions & Ted 2 still waiting in line to add to the war chest,

Universal finally catapulted itself into the top of the ranks. How many studios have 

a pair of $1B grossers in a single year? Disney did it once in 2010 (Alice in Wonderland

& Toy Story 3) and again in 2013 (IM3 & frozen). Warner did it once in 2012

with Dark Knight Rises & Hobbit 1. Can Universal do it this year with FF7 & 

JW?

Edited by zackzack

yup. the great (and usually wasted by the movies) judy greer.

Next month she'll be wasted in Ant-Man

I wonder what franchise will waste her next

here I've been saying "If Age of Ultron doesn't break the OW record we won't see it go down for a long long while" and JW comes out of nowhere to at least contest it. Even if it falls short I don't think I'll make such assumptions again

here I've been saying "If Age of Ultron doesn't break the OW record we won't see it go down for a long long while" and JW comes out of nowhere to at least contest it. Even if it falls short I don't think I'll make such assumptions again

Batman V. Superman will break whatever the record is when it opens. That record will last a while though.

Actually, it might last until the next Jurassic Park film unless I am totally missing something.

If THE FORCE AWAKENS is well received and the following film is released in summer, that would have a strong chance.

Edited by ExcelFTW

Batman V. Superman will break whatever the record is when it opens. That record will last a while though.

Actually, it might last until the next Jurassic Park film unless I am totally missing something.

If THE FORCE AWAKENS is well received and the following film is released in summer, that would have a strong chance.

BvS? Really? I can't believe that. Avengers 4, Star Wars (any of them) or Jurassic Park 5 are all strong candidates.

These numbers are astonishing for JW. 

I'll say something, though. I feel like the legacy of JW resonates a lot more with people outside North America. I can easily see SW doing $600m, but it won't top JW overseas or worldwide.

I doubt BvS will break it and the next JP will decrease just like The Avengers did.

Well most people said that for the avengers. People also said that when Spider-Man 3 broke the weekend record. These days you can't really predict what will break the weekend record and what won't. For all we know Star Wars might underperform...I doubt it but avengers 2 "underperformed" and I wouldn't have expected that in a million years.

BvS? Really? I can't believe that. Avengers 4, Star Wars (any of them) or Jurassic Park 5 are all strong candidates.

Are you serious? BVS has been a social media monster form day one. Batman is the most popular character in the country. TDKR with 3D, inflation, and no shooting opens to over $220 million no doubt while TDK remains the most popular young adult film of the 21st century. The next Batfilm was going to have a huge chance at breaking the record due the characters enormous popularity. Add in Superman and the novelty of the concept? Be serious. WB will have to really fuck up for it to not break the record. They've already chosen a PERFECT release date. Assuming advertising and quality delivers, BVS will open to an amount which won't be matched for a while.

And HELL FUCKING NO to Avengers 4. The series willbe beyond played out at that point in time. Avengers 1 was clearly it's peak. AGE OF ULTRON was coming off the incredible word of mouth of AVENGERS 1 and TWS and still only opened to what it did.