K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Noctis fooled us again? Anyone remember the fake fake Friday Interstellar numbers incident? 

I'm glad I didn't give him my likes. He doesn't deserve them.

Since that incident when Noctis decided to change his name, I always see to make sure that Rth who posted has a like ratio > 1 before believing the numbers  ;)

• Like 1

What the hell are you talking about? I'm 30 and when JP came out every kid was going crazy for JP. (damn, I miss the 90's. )

I think you misunderstood what I wanted to say. The argument was about him saying the 20-30 year males were a main target audience for this and I was asking myself, if this was true, as most out of that age group haven't seen the movie in theaters, so my point was, that there shouldn't be a reason, why this age group should be todays main audience.

And I'm really quite surprised how many of you went to see this movie at the age of 6 or 7. My parents wouldn't have let me see it and i'm pretty sure, I would have been too scared. But I guess thats the difference between Germany and the USA. While we can see boobs everywhere from the age of 6, you guys go to horror movies and to the shooting range. :D

I'm betting this will play out like the TDK Monday where the troll posted $25m and the damn thing almost got there. Except I think this could go even higher than Noctis' troll number.

I wish I would've been on mojo at the time of TDK's OW. I bet it was amazing

Re: opening weekend record. I think, personally, Avengers wasn't max capacity. It was more of a Potter or Spidey 3 where the record was due to get crushed. Batman has broken the record 4 times in 7 movies. The 7th movie, in all liklihood, would have set the attendance record had there been no shooting.

If you're a reasonable analyst, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, with 3D and no shooting, probably lands in the mid to high $220's opening weekend back in 2012. That's with a slight uptick in attendance over THE DARK KNIGHT with the same 3D as Avengers. My guess the next Batman movie having the popular-in-his-own-right Superman in the movie, plus being in 3D - this is the best shot at a MAXIMUM CAPACITY movie in the next few years.

Frankly, if Batman v Superman is good, I think it opens to $225m+.