K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

So either Saturday came in sub 70m, Friday was lower than the originally estimated 82,8m or Universal just has no clue.

With 82,8m and 70m, they could easily go for the record without being ridiculous about sundays drop. Very strange.

Eh, I read a few sites say that Universal is notoriously conservative in their prediction. I think they'd rather not claim a record until they know for sure they have it.

Smart move IMHO. This way they get double the headlines.

• Like 1

Or they just want to avoid any embarrassment or accusations from a rival studio. If the actual comes in higher then Disney will just have to eat it.

But the marketing headline will be: Record broken. Nobody cares on monday, if it didn't happen.

People. People. Settle down.

It's a lowball estimate. Just in case it falls slightly short of the record they don't get egg on their faces. Looks like it will be very close and come down to final actuals.

But the marketing headline will be: Record broken. Nobody cares on monday, if it didn't happen.

Disney is dodging that bullet for sure and maybe this situation will finally get the industry to stop with the stupid Sunday numbers on Sunday morning. Wait until Monday to report Sunday and weekend totals. I think it's going to be very, very close to the record and maybe even past it with actuals.

Of course people will care. If the record is broken on monday, you bet it'll make huge headlines.

You don't want to claim something like this and then not have it happen. I do think this means Universal will not fudge. If it's broken, it's for real.

Edited by JennaJ

I think the studio will specify lower given to him tomorrow to update the results
in the case of The Avengers difference on the plus side was 7 m

Edited by abra

NBA Finals ratings are the highest in a decade.  The winner of tonight's Game 5 will probably determine the winner.  It's going to get 20+M viewers.  Not to mention GoT season finale. 

>30% Sunday drop.  

nikki_finke_diane_keaton_tilda-236x250.j

Hi,

Didn't post here since july 2013 but kept reading things and witnessing, just for 2015, some big shocks (AmercanSniper, Fast7, TheAvengers2).

But This...!

I mean, it's huge.

For Universal, for Spielberg, for Trevorrow, for Pratt...even for Omar Sy! ^_^

A 500+M "not superhero-not JamesCameron" movie.

• Like 2

So Sunday will be above 50 for sure with those numbers.   I don't know, if they are saying 204, that's only 3 million short.    Seems really close to not take the record. 

It's going to be a lot closer than $3m when the actuals come in. Universal being very conservative. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a couple million above the record. Spillover is going to be very big today. Lot of people were turned away the last couple days.

• Like 1