K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Biggest box office surprise ever? Um, I don't think so. It's not even the biggest box office surprise this year.

Well, it can be argued that it is.

At least they committed to one number, not a range. Being wrong by 4m is not nonsense considering how large the numbers are. 74m is also 3m off.

Look, it's cool we have RTH but let's not put him on a pedestal. He also makes mistakes. The sooner he posts the more prone to mistakes he is. He can't predict the future after all.

You're purposely being glib.

As I already told you, rth confirmed $70 hours before Deadline changed their $66.8 million figure.

• Like 1

At least they committed to one number, not a range. Being wrong by 4m is not nonsense considering how large the numbers are. 74m is also 3m off.

Look, it's cool we have RTH but let's not put him on a pedestal. He also makes mistakes. The sooner he posts the more prone to mistakes he is. He can't predict the future after all.

But... it fell within his range (which he gave hours before the trades numbers came in). He wasn't wrong by 4m lol

Actuals will be delayed tomorrow because it made so much money and destroyed Sunday's record. We will know number by 4pm ET (1:00PM PT)

Actuals: $214,844,116 ($100,000,000 more than Spiderman)

Sunday more than $61 million. :D

True. :)

No way the numbers wouldn't be around $60M.

The schooldays are off.

Yeah,

when the kids are being chased by the I-Rex and they jump off, that was pretty terrifying. The I-Rex breakout caused several children to cry and leave the movie.

No kids left my show. They were all pretty excited. And the parents. You could see in their faces. They were really happy to be seeing a sequel to one of their favorite movies ever with their children. 

I do have to say that there are a few strong scenes.

The death of BDH's assistant is brutal. And I jumped when BDH was driving the truck and the Raptor breaks through the window.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

So with this opening, next weekend is going to be a lot of fun too. Can JW break TA's 2nd WE record?? :)

I'm so seeing JW again to celebrate this. :wub:

Not likely. TA didn't face a family movie on its 2nd weekend. This will.

Are you sure about that sequence? ha ha

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

209?  Uhhh, nope, try 207.

• Like 5

One question : the estimates from a movie come from the producer studio itself?

They take the average of all veteran's posters predictions from this website.

:D

J/K