K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I'll give Deadline credit. They were skeptical this morning of Universal's estimate and they posted again at 1 PM Pacific:

7th UPDATE: Sunday, 1:03 PM: Looking at a gross estimates today, we have decided to revise our prediction for the weekend on Jurassic World to bring the Dino-mite three-day estimated debut to a range anywhere between $204M to $207M+, meaning it could break the all-time opening record of Disney/Marvel’s The Avengers which took in $207.4M in 2012. Universal Pictures is playing it conservative at the moment and only they are holding to the the low-end of the estimate. Perhaps prudent, given that no one can say for certain if they will become the No. 1 opener all of all time.

:lol: :lol:  

for now going to go with 58-60

doesn't seem to be letting up going into eve

Thank you and thanks God for that number.

Now you're free to go back to your sticky business. :lol:  :lol:

And the time of the Dinos has begun.

Who knew BD Wong had more draw power than Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill to revive JP? Nobody saw that coming.

wong-1428329449.gif

I used to confuse him with the Gedde Wantanabe aka the Donger.

I know I know

Anyone want to take a wild stab in the dark why jw is not at all time buzz here in canada unlike in the states?

I am truly dumbfounded.

Where are you getting the idea that this is under performing in Canada? Toronto is not representive of the entire country. I can assure you in western canada there is plenty of demand....sell outs everwhere. Not sure where JW will rank among among all time OWs in Canada but I'm sure it's in the top 5.

This is gonna be interesting. Jurassic will break the OW record but wouldn't have if previews didn't start at 7 whereas Avengers' started at midnight. I wonder if Disney will be a sore loser and say anything.