K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

GOT starts at 9 Eastern/8 Central, which has come and gone. It starts at 9 in the West? I have never understood why the networks do that kind of thing, especially now in the era of HBO Go. Shouldn't it be available to everyone already?

Is GoT on at the same time on the west coast? I thought this season was the same time globally. It's on at 11am here. Which is 9pm ET.

I really do wonder if TA1 and JP4 had the same screencount as TA2, just how big could they have opened? Both had insane numbers of sellouts and people getting turned away due to lack of supply. My guess is $230m at least for both of them.

I highly doubt JW turned away $20 million business. Maybe 3 or 4.

Told you guys, theaters just didnt get enough prints. They were expecting that $110-120 worth of business, not $200+. Jurassic World 2 wont have this sellout problem.

It's not really an issue as it's digital. The problem would be switching other films off screens.

I'm curious, how often did you guys see reruns of JP/TLW/JP3 on television?

I live in Brazil and I was really surprised by how little the film was shown on cable during the weeks preceding JW. And now that the film has opened, there are no showings of the film scheduled in the next few weeks. 

I think they will.  Lebron has been putting up crazy numbers and still losing.  His team around him just isn't cutting it at this stage.  He can't win it all by himself.   He put up 40 tonight and they still lost. 

Edited by AndyLL

I live in Brazil and I was really surprised by how little the film was shown on cable during the weeks preceding JW. And now that the film has opened, there are no showings of the film scheduled in the next few weeks. 

All three of them were running quite a bit on the network AMC in the weeks leading up. Comcast/Universal networks like NBC, Bravo, USA, and "E" Network were all running JP1 at the same time at one point last week.

Thought that was crazy to have 4 channels running the same thing but it's a good way to raise awareness. The show on each channel had a Twitter hashtag #JurassicWorld at the bottom of the screen so anyone who happened to run across it on those networks knew exactly what was up.

This week alone I have seen all 3 on USA and SyFy and the first was on NBC last week.