K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It's all about this:

giphy.gif

#stantodeath

Heh, if I read you right, it seems someone's biggest issue is that JW is breaking The Avengers' OW record. As a Marvel fanatic, though, I'm kinda relieved: I'd much rather see TA's record shattered by JW than some DC flick! :)  Now, if BvS opens to $225 mil, we'll only hear how it broke JW's OW record!

JW will also get the Sunday record. No reason for it to get the Friday (day only) and Saturday records and miss the Sunday record when Sundays in June are already more inflated than in May.

From Deadline. They updated more recently than Rth. We'll see who's closer.

LOL. It's Deadline, c'mon. They didn't update with official projections or actuals, they just decided that it was so clear Universal were being overly conservative in their estimate.

To treat Deadline's last update as if it's more reliable than Rth because it came a bit later...  :huh:

Edited by JennaJ

In JP the deaths are mostly earned.  People you want to die end up dying.  In JW you have more random deaths.

How was Muldoon's death earned in JP? Did you really want him to die? How about SLJ's character and the guy at the beginning of the film? They were good guys and yet he was killed. How was Eddie's death earned in TLW? He was a good guy trying to save the main characters and he got ripped in half and munched for his troubles. Hell, even two of the three bounty hunters in the third film didn't deserve the deaths they got - particularly Michael Jeter's character who was used as a damn trap.

JW is the same as the other films, eating people that deserve to die as well as characters that don't deserve it.

Edited by Yandereprime

BTW, almost every article headline I've seen so far was about the record breaking WW take. Most aren't even framing it as global, just saying JW broke the record and is the first movie ever to gross more than 500m.

So in the end, even if not many media sites will pick up on the domestic record story, it doesn't matter. The story of JW being a record breaking smash hit is out there.

• Like 5

Lordman: you really sound like u have an agenda. Youve been bad mouthing JW since Thursday. Who gives a crap about admissions or daily records. Its going to set the all time OW record and youre trying to find ways to shit on it. Whats your deal?

It's a box office site I think daily records and admission discussion is relevant.

The 55-57 is based of the 208-210 weekend estimate.

If it is 58-60 as rth then weekend is higher.

Daily record don't go down...

It took 3 years for Sat and Sunday records to be beaten so it's a big deal from a box office point if view.

Don't act like your some simpleton who don't care about box office records apart from OW.

Edited by Lordmandeep

BTW, almost every article headline I've seen so far was about the record breaking WW take. Most aren't even framing it as global, just saying JW broke the record and is the first movie ever to gross more than 500m.

So in the end, even if not many media sites will pick up on the domestic record story, it doesn't matter. The story of JW being a record breaking smash hit is out there.

the_truth_is_out_there_by_thyrring-d2zg8

Records are meant to be broken. Why feel bad if the movie you like is surpassed. I like The Avengers just as much as most Marvelites. But I would love to see the record broken by JW and that does not diminish what The Avengers has achieved in any way. Instead of getting upset, just enjoy the moment.

• Like 7

Two films led by Parks and Recreation stars are going to combine to $150m next weekend. I love it.

Ooh, I need them to tweet each other about it, like Nick Offerman did. Love seeing such a talented cast make it big and celebrate their success together.

It's a box office site I think daily records and admission discussion is relevant.

The 55-57 is based of the 208-210 weekend estimate.

If it is 58-60 as rth then weekend is higher.

Daily record don't go down...

It took 3 years for Sat and Sunday records to be beaten so it's a big deal from a box office point if view.

Don't act like your some simpleton who don't care about box office records apart from OW.

The thing is, you are the only one discussing admissions. And you keep on repeating it, like in every post of yours.

• Like 2