K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

GOTG & this clinches he is miles ahead of the other 2.

Why? Just like Worthington, Pratt at this point has starred in a critically adored big hit (GOTG vs SW's AVATAR) and a middling, not-so-critically-adored big hit (JURASSIC WORLD vs SW's TERMINATOR 4). AT this point in both of their trajectories and their careers, and in terms of movies chosen and perceived/alleged box office clout, they are even. We'll see how Pratt does when he starts doing solo movies that don't rely on CGI monsters, franchises, or comic book universes. I love the guy, but I am hesitant to say that he is this huge star yet, because that's exactly what I thought of Worthington and Hemsworth when the euphoria of their blockbuster-leading times were in full bloom.

Edited by cochofles

9). Avengers: Age of Ultron (DIS), 2,156 theaters (-315) / $1.1M Fri. (-42%) / 3-day cume: $3.5M (-45%) / Total cume: $444.6M / Wk 7

And look at AOU hanging in there, even after this super monster opening for JW.. Not bad for a movie a lot of people think sucks and 4M away from knocking TDKR off.. I'll take it..

Still in denial I see. :stirthepot:

Save it for the sequel.. :P  So I wonder what a JURASSIC WORLD 2 Directed by James Cameron would be like???

How about a Jurassic World directed by James Cameron and featuring the Avengers debuting in May? First 300 million opener? LOL

• Like 2

Why? Just like Worthington, Pratt at this point has starred in a critically adored big hit (GOTG vs SW's AVATAR) and a middling, not-so-critically-adored big hit (JURASSIC WORLD vs SW's TERMINATOR 4). AT this point in both of their trajectories and their careers, and in terms of movies chosen and perceived/alleged box office clout, they are even. We'll see how Pratt does when he starts doing solo movies that don't rely on CGI monsters, franchises, or comic book universes. I love the guy, but I am hesitant to say that he is this huge star yet, because that's exactly what I thought of Worthington and Hemsworth when the euphoria of their blockbuster-leading times were in full bloom.

Your point is moot, sorry but it is.

You can 't have blockbusters numbers outside of the franchise world, that s how it is. 

You become a star inside franchises, that s how it works right now.

If Deadline has at 78.6m at this time it means it will probably hit the lower end of RTH range. So actual i think will come in around 80m

Since when does Deadline ever have more accurate numbers than RTH?

Wait, you're comparing Terminator: Salvation to Jurassic World?

• Like 3

Clinging on the smallest achievement to make it seem like AOU isn't a failure compared to expectations.

Let's not get carried away.  AOU is far far far far from a failure.  

• Like 1

Let's not get carried away.  AOU is far far far far from a failure.  

Hey, who wouldn't??? And if you honest to God consider 450M(Soon to be) a Failure, than you suck worse than I do when it comes to box office logic cause if that's a failure, I'll take it $$$$$

Hence 'failure compared to expectations'. Not in absolute terms. Although it not even keeping the DOM crown and being topped by something other than SW would be the ultimate blow.

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 1

Pratt is miles ahead of where Worthington was, not just in terms of the comercial success Of his franchises (of which he has three counting the Lego movie), but mostly in terms of media and audience recognition and fame. He is a media darling and has a growing hoard of fans who like his personality and follow him on social media. Worthington never had anything similar to that, even in the height of his "popularity", he was a blank slate as far as his public persona went. As for Hemsworth, I might agree if he successfully pulls off a major lead in a franchise outside of Thor.