K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up, if not, here it is.

If Friday's number is at $80-$83 million, why is the weekend estimate at $180-185 million?

This movie doesn't have the leg to make it $200+ million like first Avengers?

Well, usually early May provides better internal multipliers than mid June.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up, if not, here it is.

If Friday's number is at $80-$83 million, why is the weekend estimate at $180-185 million?

This movie doesn't have the leg to make it $200+ million like first Avengers?

weekends on this scale are extremely rare, so it's probably safer to not raise expectations too high.

• Like 2

With big numbers like this the sample size calculations only have to be off a few percent to change the gross by several million. With smaller numbers the change doesn't stand out as much.

• Like 2

Deadline is so dopey.

"What is expected like many fan-fueled franchises is that the daily grosses this weekend for JW will be frontloaded. Industry estimates foresee Saturday falling 20% from Friday"

You look at the non preview change.

• Like 1

weekends on this scale are extremely rare, so it's probably safer to not raise expectations too high.

That's why we're here....lol

If the number is at $83 million, I am calling $200+ million weekend. I don't know if it could break Avengers weekend record, but it should be the second movie to hit $200+ million in its first weekend.

This movie has the same audience or better than the Avengers.

Deadline is so dopey.

"What is expected like many fan-fueled franchises is that the daily grosses this weekend for JW will be frontloaded. Industry estimates foresee Saturday falling 20% from Friday"

Who wrote that at Deadline? :mellow:

Deadline is so dopey.

I don't really see this as being "fan fueled" in the way that films like Hunger Games and Harry Potter are.

Seems like a silly statement.

Avengers: 18.7/80/207

Jurassic: 18.5/80+/xx

Avengers doing 18.7 midnights compared to JW's 18.5 7pm+, and yet JW gets a higher Friday, says to me that Avengers is more frontloaded than Jurassic World.

• Like 3