K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

As for Shia, yes, he is a douche.  But a bad actor?  That's not fair.  He was the best part of the original Transformers imo and if you disagree, you can at least say he carried the film on his shoulders.  There are dozens of actors I can't stand, Gwynny being one of them, but she is not a bad actress, in fact, she is quite good.  You can't just say Shia sucks because he's an asshole.

• Like 4

We just have to wait a few decades... I mean, Nintendo finally (hopefully) got on the mobile train and that took them a couple years and now, Pokemon might even come to the Wii U via Pokemon Snap 2 or even Pokken Fighters, so a live adaptation of one of their most beloved series is not out of the question.  Of course, the only possible way for this to happen in the coming years is for Pokemon to hit rock bottom which is unlikely given how well ORAS is performing. 

Nintendo isn't very happy about turning one of their video game franchises live action movie for obvious reasons (SMB anyone?), and in general they don't tend to have their characters appear much outside of video games. It's one of the reasons why they're not doing so "hot" currently.

They recently signed a deal with Universal studios though, which is a good start.

• Like 1

Honesty the most viable Nintendo properties to be movies are either Legend of Zelda, Metroid, or Fire Emblem. All have enough name recognition to succeed but have actually adaptable material.

Pokemon says hi. A live action Pokemon would easily make 500m+

Honesty the most viable Nintendo properties to be movies are either Legend of Zelda, Metroid, or Fire Emblem. All have enough name recognition to succeed but have actually adaptable material.

Nah

Just Pokemon

• Like 2

You overestimate the popularity of Fire Emblem and Metroid. As for Zelda, it could happen, I just dont wanna ever hear Link speak, it'll be weird.

I've seen Safety not Guaranteed and I have no idea what they saw in that film that made them trust Treverrow with 150 million dollars.

That's why Spielberg makes the big money

• Like 1

That's why Spielberg makes the big money

Well, I guess you could say the same thing about a lot of directors, especially Whedon.

Sorry, not to promote my own work, but check out this list I made of directors and their second projects....quite astonishing imo.

Near-Dark_Bill-Paxton.jpg

Bigelow made a film in 1982 called Loveless. No one really saw it. It took her 5 years until she would make her next film. And a strange one it was. Near Dark was blessed with a terrific cast highlighted of course by three of the main actors from Aliens, Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen and Jeanette Goldstein. It came out the same year as the other vampire film, Lost Boys. Both films were terrific but told and shot in as diametric polars as one could possibly imagine. Her comedic timing, intensity and ability to get fantastic performances out of her entire cast was never more on display than it was here. It’s no wonder, at least to this author, that she won the Oscar for best director 23 years later.

10. Katherine Bigelow – Near Dark (1987)

Read the rest here:  

http://www.top10films.co.uk/archives/15699

Edited by baumer