K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It's not a decisive game.

It doesn't matter, the first 4 games have been some of the highest rated of all time for NBA finals and a game 5 at 2-2 is the most exciting game so far, so the ratings/number will only increase/match so far and still be significant.

Don't you mean it ate/devoured his baby :P

Funny thing is, I liked Age of Ultron, but loved Jurassic World a hell of a lot more for one big reason. 

JURASSIC WORLD DIDN'T SPOIL THE WHOLE GODDAMN MOVIE IN CLIPS

Yeah none of the

Final fight with the T-Rex was even shown properly.

You know movies like GOTG and CATWS, also made a good amount of money overseas, right?

I'm not saying they aren't popular overseas.

Overseas has, in many parts, even less discerning taste. Why?

Practically 100% of sequels will do well. Any brand, franchise, reboot, remake, spin-off etc. will do well.

But because "overseas" is made up of so many countries, the penetration level is less though the potential moneymaking is much more.

Just look at China- a country with pretty awful taste. Make a sequel because China wants one. (Transformers, Panda)

It's easy to see why too. They unlike Korea or Japan are still developing, most entertainment is one of escapism so of course big CGI blockbusters will make the most. 

guys Box office mojo have to have TA 1 JW showdown for the following month   Will be epic .

They'll do a Jurassic World vs Terminator Genisys showdown instead

• Like 5

It doesn't matter, the first 4 games have been some of the highest rated of all time for NBA finals and a game 5 at 2-2 is the most exciting game so far, so the ratings/number will only increase/match so far and still be significant.

It's also the biggest OW of all time

Impenetrable force meets improbable object, etc.

• Like 1

Remember how Age of Ultron repeated the third act of the first movie but in a more nondescript and bland location with more scenes of them saving civilians that no one asked for? that was such a cool movie.

• Like 3

Ok, everybody knows I'm not a fan of Marvel, but what's up with the JP succes making people say Marvel is not THAT profitable? It is MUCH more profitable than JP will ever be, it's really that simple. I seriously don't get it. And SH movie becoming underdogs? LOL, what? As much as I hate to say it (and I really do hate to say it!) the SH franchises control todays market. The fact that one other franchise managed to beat one of them on OW in the US is just a small part in the grand scheme of things.

ULTRON:

460m domestic - 253 back to Marvel (roughly)

970m OS - 440 back to Marvel (roughly)

240m China - 60m (roughly)

Total: 753m in returns, against around 450-530m in total production/advertising costs

Total net: $223-303m

JW:

600m domestic - 330m to Uni (roughly)

800m(?) OS - 360m to Uni (roughly)

240m(?) China - 60m (roughly)

Total: 750m in returns, against around 330-360m in total production/advertising costs

Total net: $390-420m

• Like 5

I'm not saying they aren't popular overseas.

Overseas has, in many parts, even less discerning taste. Why?

Practically 100% of sequels will do well. Any brand, franchise, reboot, remake, spin-off etc. will do well.

But because "overseas" is made up of so many countries, the penetration level is less though the potential moneymaking is much more.

Just look at China- a country with pretty awful taste. Make a sequel because China wants one. (Transformers, Panda)

It's easy to see why too. They unlike Korea or Japan are still developing, most entertainment is one of escapism so of course big CGI blockbusters will make the most. 

I know, it's just kind of silly to generalize the U.S. by the box office of superheroes heroes, when their success is not even close to being a regional thing.

Edited by Insidearcher

Remember how Age of Ultron repeated the third act of the first movie but in a more nondescript and bland location with more scenes of them saving civilians that no one asked for? that was such a cool movie.

Ugh. That third act...

• Like 1

Flip side of that is I wouldn't mind if they repeated the third act of JP1 in every single JP movie...cuz raptors are badass and you gotta love T-Rex taking them out at the end.

ULTRON:

460m domestic - 253 back to Marvel (roughly)

970m OS - 440 back to Marvel (roughly)

240m China - 60m (roughly)

Total: 753m in returns, against around 450-530m in total production/advertising costs

Total net: $223-303m

JW:

600m domestic - 330m to Uni (roughly)

800m(?) OS - 360m to Uni (roughly)

240m(?) China - 60m (roughly)

Total: 750m in returns, against around 330-360m in total production/advertising costs

Total net: $390-420m

As some people around here, movies are just a small part of the profit Disney makes off thid universe. Gosh, I can't believe I'm the one defening Marvel.