K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

The release is not record huge and demand is overwhelming in many parts of NA.

3d share will be high I think.

Which is just a normal supply and demand issue.

It's likely got the same 3D share Avengers had, if anything.

I'm all fairness AOU will make more money for Marvel than JW will for Uni due to merchandise. But stil... Marvel also spent a couple hundred million more making it.
Will it? JW will probably do pretty well on the merchandising front itself.
  • Like 1

TA will have bigger 3d share and so JW will sell more tickets for sure.

Then that means it sold more tickets then Tdk

Do we really want to open this can of worms.

It be like ww1 no side will win. Lol

I'm fine with SH films becoming the underdogs once again. They were getting too big for their own good. Now, maybe we can just concentrate on making GOOD SH films rather than just throwing a brand name on something and assuming people will show up. (Not that AOU was bad, it just had some room for improvement).

lol one movie maybe taking the OW record, and the movie being Jurassic World, does not mean superhero movies are underdogs.

The studios and the fans are arrogant, incessant and annoyingly immature. 

I hope the downfall continues, because, as you have even said, as bad as Iron Man 3, Ultron and the rest are, people keep showing up and loving them. The quality has continuously dropped and yet all the fanboys are imperceptible to the differences. Going with an unpopular opinion, neither Captain America nor Guardians of the Galaxy, as beloved as they are were that great either. Beat by beat by beat they went and Americans fell in love with them again and again. It's a cultural thing. How can one put much trust in American critic or audience reviews for Marvel movies when both types are fresh, both are recommended?

Not even Pixar managed that when their movies went a little sour (though the Academy went along ignorantly). 

The release is not record huge and demand is overwhelming in many parts of NA.

3d share will be high I think.

Which is just a normal supply and demand issue.

But it is not anywhere near the supply and demand issue we saw with TA1. Back then a lot of American theaters were still trying force 3D down the public's throat. My local theater had one tiny screen showing TA1 in 2D. They had three large screens playing it in 3D. This time around they have 60% of the screens in 2D and 40% in 3D. Plus there is a new theater built in 2013 that is playing about 70% 2D and 30% 3D showtimes. It's a massive difference in consumer choice from three years ago, at least in little old Midland, Texas.

1.  JURASSIC WORLD 210M

2. MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS 207M

whedon+sad.jpg

o-KEVIN-FEIGE-facebook.jpg

Since Ike doesn't like his picture taken I'm going with Stan the Man instead.

stan-lee-1.jpg

And of course the Mouse.

f05bf465e25e70a0aaa002b683cf485b.jpg

Actually the Mouse will be making this face for the rest of the year.

Those dinosaurs toys will sell very well in the next few weeks. Plus, Avengers 2 cost 250M. JW cost 150M.

actually avengers is way more costly than 250 it had an afvertising budget of 200 plus million. Jp ad campaign was way smaller. they proably spent 80-100m extra on ads ww. Avengers is a 500 plus total cost film. Jpw all profit baby Edited by Superman001

But it is not anywhere near the supply and demand issue we saw with TA1. Back then a lot of American theaters were still trying force 3D down the public's throat. My local theater had one tiny screen showing TA1 in 2D. They had three large screens playing it in 3D. This time around they have 60% of the screens in 2D and 40% in 3D. Plus there is a new theater built in 2013 that is playing about 70% 2D and 30% 3D showtimes. It's a massive difference in consumer choice from three years ago, at least in little old Midland, Texas.

3D has slowly declined in popularity, so that is no surprise. Similar things have happened across NA.

• Like 1