K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

OOOOOOOOOOOO...the authority has spoken.

Water has a point, though. Rth over-predicted every single day of AOU's OW. Folks round these parts were mighty defensive about that at yhe time and it still seems a touchy subject.

Early numbers are nice but finals are what I'm waiting for. JW has sailed far past the $130M I privately thought it would make, though it seemed others had it pegged much lower. It's nice to watch Chris Pratt's career riding his raptor-pack to the top. :P

• Like 1

Although.... if there's anything that could also be a resurrected franchise on steroids, it's SW.

Definetely. It has Abrams to begin with.

But then, everytime we thought we had a "save" 500m grosser, AOU/TDKR, we epically failed and that's where the spark comes into play. That's nothing, that you can project, it's something that happens on opening day.

This is Star Wars we're talking about. JP3's entire domestic gross is about to get outdone in a single weekend by JW, previous film grosses don't relate. 

Sith was about as close to max potential as SW will get in todays climate. JP3 wasn't even close to JP's.

Water has a point, though. Rth over-predicted every single day of AOU's OW. Folks round these parts were mighty defensive about that at yhe time and it still seems a touchy subject.

Early numbers are nice but finals are what I'm waiting for. JW has sailed far past the $130M I privately thought it would make, though it seemed others had it pegged much lower. It's nice to watch Chris Pratt's career riding his raptor-pack to the top. :P

And how many times has he done that in the 10 years he's been around?  Once out of something like 500 weeks?  

• Like 1

Rth does get it wrong from time to time but the difference here is the steady uptick in the numbers as the evening wears on. And, of course, the later it gets the more accurate the estimates are.

• Like 5

Why? KJ's been telling everybody this would happen for weeks.

People here have been pushing a huge OW since last year as well. There were a lot of doubters here too (heck, I was one of them), but it's not like you folks at KJ were the only ones predicting this.

• Like 1

And how many times has he done that in the 10 years he's been around?  Once out of something like 500 weeks?  

It was the one week a lot of people didn't want to be disappointed (and a lot of others wanted to be), so naturally it will keep getting brought up  :P

• Like 1

This is Star Wars we're talking about. JP3's entire domestic gross is about to get outdone in a single weekend by JW, previous film grosses don't relate. 

To be fair, JW had its main villain back, SW wont. :P

Edited by Poseidon