K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

lol no. Spectre is making less than Skyfall 

Domestically, probably, but Skyfall expanded the Bond name to international markets it had never touched as much, especially in Asia, very much like Fast Six prepared the international market for Furious Seven (though on a smaller scale). It could do some massive business in overseas markets that it hasn't broken out in before.

• Like 1

F7, Star Wars, JW?

Not far fetched at all.

And now consider this:

Avengers Age Of Ultron is currently the 5th biggest movie of all time. And yet we just mentioned the possibility that it might only finish #4 for the year.

Even if it doesn't end up that way in the end, I would suggest that the fact it's seen as a possibility alone is enough to cement 2015 as the greatest box office year of all time.

Domestically, probably, but Skyfall expanded the Bond name to international markets it had never touched as much, especially in Asia, very much like Fast Six prepared the international market for Furious Seven (though on a smaller scale). It could do some massive business in overseas markets that it hasn't broken out in before.

not necessarily. Skyfall did its most gigantic business in Europe. In Asia it was good but not huge. Less than MI4 in most markets. 

• Like 1

not necessarily. Skyfall did its most gigantic business in Europe. In Asia it was good but not huge. Less than MI4 in most markets. 

But it penetrated those markets in ways that it hadn't prior, is my point, and they've grown ever more prominent since 2012. Thus, there's room for massive growth in regions where Bond is not old hat but instead just catching on. And despite the loss of Olympics, I see no real reason for it to decrease with any significance in Europe.

Note that I don't think it's actually going to happen, just that it is a mathematical possibility.

Edited by cmasterclay

Yeah, when they first encounter the T-Rex in JP3 before it was killed by Spino. 

The T-Rex and Spino fight in JP3 was so disappointed. It wasn't even a minute long.

Thankfully The T-Rex and Indomious Rex fight in JW, was longer and better done.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1