grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

Sunday and Monday came in a bit short of mindblowing, so let's see if it is already slowing down a bit.

Oh yes, that non-mindblowing all time record Sunday and $25 million Monday lmao.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 4

500 should be locked up pretty soon. Even with frontloadedness like DH2 and SM3, it gets to $478-488m from here.

I do wonder weekdays are not that much bigger then TDK, will it still do 100 million for the weekend? 

I'd like to know how Universal knew the director of Safety Not Guaranteed could possibly make one of the biggest films of modern times.

The guy is the anti-Marc Webb.

Universal didn't know anything. I doubt the budget for Jurassic is anywhere near even that of Furious 7 let alone Ultron and other mega blockbusters. They went cheap with the cast too. Plugged in Bryce Dallas Howard and Pratt before GotG broke out. Went cheap on the director as well. And, the final product, while fun and endearingly dumber than even some B-movies, isn't really a remarkable film by any stretch. The nostalgia factor, the park finally being open and Jurassic love erupted like a dormant volcano. It's a miraculous OW and likely a miraculous run to $550M+ DOM and $1.5B+ WW.

• Like 2

We really don't know what's gonna happen until we get a bit further in to the week.

Just remember, on OW MOS fell under 1% on Sunday because it was Father's Day. JW has that in it's obviously more backloaded 2nd weekend.

I do wonder weekdays are not that much bigger then TDK, will it still do 100 million for the weekend? 

I doubt it, but there should be a bigger Friday/Saturday jump for this compared to TDK since it's June vs. July and JP4 is a more family-driven blockbuster. Father's Day will help quite a bit. Wonder how good the drop might be. Man of Steel opened on that weekend two years ago and dropped less than 1%.

Universal didn't know anything. I doubt the budget for Jurassic is anywhere near even that of Furious 7 let alone Ultron and other mega blockbusters. They went cheap with the cast too. Plugged in Bryce Dallas Howard and Pratt before GotG broke out. Went cheap on the director as well. And, the final product, while fun and endearingly dumber than even some B-movies, isn't really a remarkable film by any stretch. The nostalgia factor, the park finally being open and Jurassic love erupted like a dormant volcano. It's a miraculous OW and likely a miraculous run to $550M+ DOM and $1.5B+ WW.

The budget is $150 million. So yeah, Universal made it back sometime Sunday just from the DOM OW lol.

I dont see 100 even with FD for this monday. But 90m+ weekend should happen. I still think it has a chance for 600m as its total will be  close to 390m coming of a 90m weekend. It definitely can do another 210m especially weekdays will be strong and 4th of july weekend will get a boost. But beating Avengers domestic is a stretch at this point.

• Like 1

if Inside Out takes Friday (which seems likely) then JW could only pull seven consecutive days at #1 while still possibly hitting 100m in its second weekend. Crazy times we live in. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

The budget is $150 million. So yeah, Universal made it back sometime Sunday just from the DOM OW lol.

Exactly... $150M. I mean, that's less than even Fury Road's production budget. And, much less than the production budgets of Furious 7, Tomorrowland, Ultron, etc. Now, the next one, will certainly have a budget of $225M+. And, now that Trevorrow, thankfully, is moving on, I've my fingers crossed that Universal hires someone gifted in staging action spectacles with just enough focus on character.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

if Inside Out takes Friday (which seems likely) then JW could only pull seven consecutive days at #1 while still possibly hitting 100m in its second weekend. Crazy times we live in. 

If that happens, Inside Out would have to open right along with MU, which I think is too strong to give JW a $100m opening.

I'd like to know how Universal knew the director of Safety Not Guaranteed could possibly make one of the biggest films of modern times.

The guy is the anti-Marc Webb.

It coulda been anyone really.

• Like 1

If that happens, Inside Out would have to open right along with MU, which I think is too strong to give JW a $100m opening.

Who knows? I really expect Inside Out to break out pretty well. I keep hearing comparisons to Ratatouille. Well, foremost, a rat in the kitchen is an idea that's off-putting to many. Secondly, even sans 3D, Ratatouille adjusts to $56M OW DOM. I'm expecting something more along the lines of UP's adjusted OW DOM of $75M+. But, this seems far more kid friendly other more bizarre Pixar ideas like UP, Ratatouille, WALL-E... I'm thinking even bigger than that. So... I'm saying $80M+ for Inside Out. Breaking out even bigger than that wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1