grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

I've always wondered, who are the poor kids that don't get out of school by the first week of June? I've personally never known any lol.

there are at least a few schools around me that don't get off until next week

I saw dozens of people at the Disney Store in NYC fawning over the Inside Out toys the other day. Lots of people looking at Anger/Joy/Fear. Bing Bong, however, was hiding in the corner of the section, waiting until everyone sees the movie when he becomes one of Pixar's most beloved characters. I almost bought a Bing Bong toy myself. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure how big the June vs July effect is on weekday numbers, but either way JW is playing like a family movie. The 52% Monday drop compares to other June movies like Monsters U (52.5) and TS3 (51.3). Films that skew older drop less, like Ted (45.3) and 22 Jump Street (48.3).

I wasn't fully expecting a 43.8% drop like TDK, but I did anticpate something less than 50.

I think if this were July and all the kids were out of school, it would have dropped less than 50%. But in that case it doesn't contradict my position - it would still be drawing families.

Sucks. Do they go back later?

EDIT: Someone knows how to cherry pick their replies from after each number was confirmed an then spam a different thread with them. Congrats!

no, it was more for make up days and stuff like that

I'm not sure how big the June vs July effect is on weekday numbers, but either way JW is playing like a family movie. The 52% Monday drop compares to other June movies like Monsters U (52.5) and TS3 (51.3). Films that skew older drop less, like Ted (45.3) and 22 Jump Street (48.3).

I wasn't fully expecting a 43.8% drop like TDK, but I did anticpate something less than 50.

I think if this were July and all the kids were out of school, it would have dropped less than 50%. But in that case it doesn't contradict my position - it would still be drawing families.

It's a 56.1% drop, not 52%.

Didnt it dropthe same % that Avengers did on its first Sunday?

Jow exactly is that slowing down?

It tracked a lot like TA over the weekend, but with a better Monday hold because of summer weekdays. I think this is why a 100M 2nd weekend is out of the question, though.

• Like 1