grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

He probably pitched an idea for the movie and Universal bought into it.. The Dude clearly understands how to make it work.. Too bad he's not involved for the sequel.. Spielberg should Direct the sequel for 1 last hurrah in his life to cap it off.. The question is, would he make it gritty like it should be or would he be all sappy and family oriented with it??? God, I have to see this movie..

When are you gonna see it? I know you've been busy but I'd love to know what you think. I love TA/AOU too but I'm not bitter at all that JW broke the OW record because I enjoyed JW very much.

• Like 1

The numbers for JW have already surpassed all expectation and have been so satisfying that any further records are just gravy at this point. Nonetheless, this is definitely playing like a family film and with FD on Sunday, I fully expect this to take the 2nd weekend crown.

I think 80m would be the high end for IO.

Who knows? I really expect Inside Out to break out pretty well. I keep hearing comparisons to Ratatouille. Well, foremost, a rat in the kitchen is an idea that's off-putting to many. Secondly, even sans 3D, Ratatouille adjusts to $56M OW DOM. I'm expecting something more along the lines of UP's adjusted OW DOM of $75M+. But, this seems far more kid friendly than both UP, Ratatouille, WALL-E... I'm thinking even bigger than that. So... I'm saying $80M+ for Inside Out. Breaking out even bigger than that wouldn't surprise me.

If IO hits 80mil that should mean no 100m for JW then. Not that it matters but it's gonna be another fun weekend if it has a chance for another record. :lol:

• Like 1

I'll try and shoot for next weekend to see it.. Between working overnight and taking care of my Mom of a morning now until noon when I'm relieved, it'll be hard..

Take it easy then. I'm sure it isn't leaving theatres any time soon. ^_^

Not exactly. New York Times reported they spent $300m on production, marketing, and distribution. Plus they don't get 100% of the revenue.

I specifically meant the budget, studios get back at least 75% of the DOM grosses the first week, especially for these big films. The marketing and distribution will be recouped internationally in a couple more days lol.

I specifically meant the budget, studios get back at least 75% of the DOM grosses the first week, especially for these big films. The marketing and distribution will be recouped internationally in a couple more days lol.

Yep, enormous hit. I bet those Universal executives are happy as hell. Wonder what kind of bonus they get when something overperforms by this kind of crazy amount.

If IO hits 80mil that should mean no 100m for JW then. Not that it matters but it's gonna be another fun weekend if it has a chance for another record. :lol:

I like these kind of weekends most. I loved it when Monsters U, World War Z and Man Of Steel grossed $80M+, $65M+ and $40M+ in the same weekend.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 5

I like these kind of weekends most. I loved it when Monsters U, World War Z and Man Of Steel grossed $80M+, $65M+ and $40M+ in the same weekend.

Sadly they are few and far between. Hope Ted 2 is big.

Sadly they are few and far between. Hope Ted 2 is big.

Oh, no. That'll be a big one too. Obviously Spy, even though acclaimed, didn't strike a chord with the masses. I expect Ted 2, Inside Out and Jurassic do very well that weekend. Something like:

Ted 2 $65M+

Inside Out $45M+

Jurassic $40M+

Oh, no. That'll be a big one too. Obviously Spy, even though acclaimed, didn't strike a chord with the masses. I expect Ted 2, Inside Out and Jurassic do very well that weekend. Something like:

Ted 2 $65M+

Inside Out $45M+

Jurassic $40M+

I think IO will drop sub 40%. it will have phenomenal WOM for sure. I think it could sneak in a win ahead of Ted 2.

The numbers for JW have already surpassed all expectation and have been so satisfying that any further records are just gravy at this point. Nonetheless, this is definitely playing like a family film and with FD on Sunday, I fully expect this to take the 2nd weekend crown.

I don't disagree with you, it is tracking like a family film. It had a bigger Monday drop than TDK, which of course was preceeded by that record Sunday.

What I don't get is what the hell parents are thinking bringing kids to JW. Talk about a movie that is NOT family friendly... unless one enjoys children who suffer from night terrors. This film has a solid PG-13 rating and I wouldn't go below 11. Yet there were insane parents who had kids as young as 2... TWO!!!!.... in the showing I went to. This country is f'd up. It's back to Roman times, when people getting eating by lions and tigers was good entertainment.

Edited by doublejack

Aren't mid-July weekdays larger by comparison to mid-June weekdays? I could be mistaken and I understand I may be splitting hairs now.

A lot of summer schools run through June, but get out for the month of July. Its a small number of kids, but its enough to have a slight impact.