DAR

Thursday #'s: JURASSIC WORLD 17.9 (Rth)

Honestly don't think that's possible for me. Last week was amazing because nobody expected anything like it, and because the projections kept rising with every update.

No matter how this week turns out, it could never be as unexpected as last week's joyride.

How about 2 films both making over 100M in the same weekend? :)

IO and JW can perfectly coexist. In fact they will be the only two movies  doing relevant business this weekend.

In fact one could argue that if one film can make 208M in a weekend, then there is feasible room for two films to combine for a total of 208M in a weekend also. Actually you could even argue higher as Dope's OW is not going to be equal to the combined drops of every other film. :)

There's a 1 in a million shot both do 100M, but I'm starting to feel like both films may hit 90!

• Like 1

I wouldn't bet against that.. Rth cites it's going to be strong...

There is a 0.0000% chance of IO winning the weekend.  Toy Story 3 this is not.  70 mill?  Maybe.  And even if JW were to fall 60%, which it will not, it will still handily beat IO.

• Like 2

Here's when you know you have seen too mnay movies and you are a nerd.

Yesterday, I was driving one of our 60 foot (slinky) buses, the one where it's split in the middle, I'll give you a picture after.  There is a lot of air used in the buses.  Air brakes, air everything.  When I have to leave from a bus stop, you have to hit the break once, and this lets the air out of the doors, which allows the bus to leave.

When I did this yesterday, it made a sound like a scream.  And it was a very very familiar scream.  I couldn't place it at first.  Then after about 15 minutes, I finally realized it sounded like the woman screaming joyfully in JAWS as she gets put on the shoulders of her boyfriend.  This is during the Pippet/Alex Kinter/Brody into the camera scene.  It made me laugh.

So all morning, I kept hearing this sound and it kept making me laugh because I now had JAWS in my head.

Nothing to do with Thurs box office, but funny nonetheless.

Carry on.

300px-Brampton_Transit_1283-a.jpg

Edited by baumer
  • Like 6

There is a 0.0000% chance of IO winning the weekend. Toy Story 3 this is not. 70 mill? Maybe. And even if JW were to fall 60%, which it will not, it will still handily beat IO.

Did you(or anyone for that matter) think JW was going to open with 208m? Or any where close to that? Nope

Just saying.

• Like 1

Yall forget that Pixar movies usually have some sequel-esque frontloadedness at first due to the brand. Pixar has an audience that will run out and watch everything they release, so even their original films can sometimes perform like sequels.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 2