-15% - Tomorrowland - 2.96 - 88.74

-24% - Avengers - 2.79 - 449.40

-41% - Mad Max - 2.39 - 143.02

-59% - Entourage - 1.70 - 29.48

-28% - Home - 0.52 - 174.34

-56% - Aloha - 0.44 - 20.09

-59% - Poltergeist - 0.28 - 46.78

^includes 2.67m previews.  if actual is 4.2.  then add 1.5.  76.5 OW

It generally does not work like that. if previews are stronger by certain percentage it provides a trend for whole weekend. This is not a twilight movie to have that much upfront appeal.

With 4m previews I think 30m OD is in picture and that would mean 85-90m OW(with FD bump).

I'd be sort of disappointed if JW couldn't hold on to the #1 spot for a 2nd weekend, especially for as much $$$ as it made in it's OW that makes it look unstoppable like TA was and even TA held on to the #1 spot for more than 1 weekend...

Even if IO has a better Friday, the chances of IO having a better weekend is really unlikely.

Even if IO has a better Friday, the chances of IO having a better weekend is really unlikely.

IO will have better sunday hold. I wont be surprised by an increase that day. But JW will have better saturday increase.

Anyway I dont think this will be that much of a contest. I see JW > 100m this weekend for sure. So even a IO breakout wont stop this juggernaut.

• Like 1

I'd be sort of disappointed if JW couldn't hold on to the #1 spot for a 2nd weekend, especially for as much $$$ as it made in it's OW that makes it look unstoppable like TA was and even TA held on to the #1 spot for more than 1 weekend...

You're just not allowed to say "disappointed" and "Jurassic World" in the same sentence.

• Like 1

IO will have better sunday hold. I wont be surprised by an increase that day. But JW will have better saturday increase.

Anyway I dont think this will be that much of a contest. I see JW > 100m this weekend for sure. So even a IO breakout wont stop this juggernaut.

I'm pretty sure FD doesn't impact the kid films like it does action and sci-fi "dad" films.

• Like 3

IO will have better sunday hold. I wont be surprised by an increase that day.

I disagree. I looked at the Father's Day trends in previous years and TS3 dropped 13.5% on OW, while a film like MOS dropped less than 1% on its second weekend.

I'm seeing something similar here. Something like a 10-15% drop for IO and a 5-10% drop for JW. The fact that it's IO's OW will hurt it's ability to hold on Sunday quite a bit, while a film that's been out for a whole week (JW) will have less of a rush.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.