#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I wouldn't go quite that far yet. That JW OW is going to be legendary forever. 

And just wait till Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets released this Christmas. The box office run for that film will be legendary as well. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 2

Eh, with Greengrass/Damon coming back I wouldn't write that off yet

Everything I've understood about Bourne 4 is that Greengrass and Damon have had no interest in returning and the new Universal honcho paid both of them a hell of a lot of money to come back. They're an incredible director/actor pairing but I get so sense of urgency or demand for another Bourne.

I hope Warcraft is good because Duncan Jones but that film has a hell of a lot of stigma to get over.

Cap and Dory will get 350m++ and Disney will win the summer. Doesn't seem like anything else will crack 300, although I could see Ghostbusters outgrossing the first one unadjusted.

• Like 1

Maybe IO will be number one on its 2nd weekend-depends on Ted 2's OW. That is a tough call.

Ted 2 will probably open with 50m or more next weekend, so it's likely not possible. Next weekend will be legendary though, with the potential for three films doing over 50 million.

Edited by Insidearcher

if it match or beat TA 2 week end does it means 600m locked?

That would mean $400M after ten days.

Not necessarily a lock, but very very likely.

$550M/#4 all time should be a done deal, though.

Edited by superduperm

Every Universal movie next summer combined may fail to make what JW will do domestically, let alone JW + Minions + F7 + Ted 2. Bourne 4 (5?) won't outgross Bourne 3 and that'll easily be their biggest film.

The Secret Life of Pets will be huge.

Everything I've understood about Bourne 4 is that Greengrass and Damon have had no interest in returning and the new Universal honcho paid both of them a hell of a lot of money to come back. They're an incredible director/actor pairing but I get so sense of urgency or demand for another Bourne.

I hope Warcraft is good because Duncan Jones but that film has a hell of a lot of stigma to get over.

Cap and Dory will get 350m++ and Disney will win the summer. Doesn't seem like anything else will crack 300, although I could see Ghostbusters outgrossing the first one unadjusted.

Greengrass got 10m for Captain Phillips, as Scorcese for Wolf.