#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Hey, I semi-enjoyed it, but I have to argue against this. The vitriol against people who supposedly don't like fun movies is ridiculous.  People are apparently ungrateful whiners who don't actually watch fun movies properly. People are allowed to watch movies with a critical eye, sorry. 

Its called an opinion everyone. 

I just think they would probably enjoy movies more if they don't.

There's nothing offensive nor disturbing about that scene they're discussing. It's an expected scene in this type of movie, and it's quite an awesome scene too.

I just think they would probably enjoy movies more if they don't.

There's nothing offensive nor disturbing about that scene they're discussing. It's an expected scene in this type of movie, and it's quite an awesome scene too.

IDK, seems to me like it's just something for people who didn't enjoy the movie to get stuck on.

I think only a very small percentage of viewers would actually be "offended" by that scene. It's Jurassic World, what did you expect?

• Like 1

With any huge blockbuster like JW it can't be perfect.  There has to be elements that annoy a certain segment of the population.  It may be an oxymoron but a perfect film does not make a perfect box office.

• Like 2

an interesting direction for the next would be to introduce some dinosaurs "updated" with the recent paleontologists discoveries : dinos covered of feathers for example

look at these beauties :

ksfyacr1pt3olr44yead.jpg

y_huali.jpg

Edited by TacoBell
  • Like 2

an interesting direction for the next would be to introduce some dinosaurs "updated" with the recent paleontologists discoveries : dinos covered of feathers for example

look at these beauties :

ksfyacr1pt3olr44yead.jpg

y_huali.jpg

It's worth noting that the avian ancestry of most dinos was not only known in the time of JP....it was openly discussed in the movie and the message of its final shot.

Spielberg and crew didn't make the raptors 2-3x normal size out of igorance, they did it intentionally. 

Shame on people who get worldviews - including paleontological info - from Hollywood.  Not shame on Spielberg or Trevorrow.

Also, where is that painting from?

Edited by DavidBrennan

I hope JW doesn't take Titanic's 2nd place, not because I'm a big Titanic fan, but I just hope some original movie with godly legs could do it (like Avatar did), instead of a OW record breaker. But of cause that's just my own wishful thinking because realistically the industry has been replying more and more on popular franchises, thus bigger and bigger OW's, so if some movie gets to cross Titanic again in the future, it will most likely be a sequel, prequel or adaptation.

• Like 1