#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Tuesday must've been 300-400k at best. Only playing in a couple hundred theaters and tickets cost $22. I imagine they'll lump it into Friday somehow but RTH/Omega also suggest 3.7m for last night makes sense. Disney can't make much fudging with Tuesday, yeah. 
It was in 600+ theaters. It was sold out at many places. I think they might have added that figure to thursday previews.

Compared to MU, I think IO might have been a bit female-driven and thatfor a bit inflated on those previews in comparison, so I don't see numbers like 90m as a given at all, but this is a huge, huge number.

Also consider that a big opener like JW might as well produce a little general cinema hype for that special experience in all those sold out showings the last weekend, where people saw the IO trailer.

This is going to be a big and exciting weekend. I really feel for the employees. The second weekend in a row, where they have to handle recordbreaking stuff.

Edited by Poseidon

I'm always amazed at the professional writers who cover the industry that don't seem to understand the difference between early May and mid-summer releases. From Deadline:

Should Jurassic World surpass a $103.05M FSS, it will beat The Avengers’ second weekend which holds the title for best sophomore sesh. This May’s Avengers: Age Of Ultron holds the No. 2 record for best second weekend with $77.7M. If Jurassic World doesn’t beat Avengers’ record this weekend, it will largely be because Inside Out, in 3,946 theatersis luring families away. Unlike this weekend, there wasn’t a family film encroaching on Avengers’ business during its second sesh in May 2012.

While it's true Avengers got a free pass during its second weekend, the fact is JP4 grosses $25m more during the weekdays than TA1 and that is the primary reason it will have a tough time reaching TA1's second weekend gross. Ultimately it could still be $20m ahead of TA1's 10-day total by Sunday night.

• Like 2

Wait, wait... I'm reading conflicting comments within the thread. Did Disney add the Tuesday numbers to the Thursday sneaks? Or, will said number roll into Friday's overall total? Please provide a source along with the explanation if possible. Much appreciated.

Note: Disney reports that Inside Out received special Tuesday night screenings whose gross is not included in the reported Thursday night figure, but will be rolled in at the end of business Friday.

• Like 5