#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I doubt IO has a chance at beating JW this weekend anymore, it was nice while it lasted. It's an uphill battle for JW to take TA's second weekend record though, Friday's numbers were too low. If it gets 42M today, it needs 33M tomorrow to beat TA.

Edit: Oh wow, TA did 29.2M on it's second Friday and 42.9 on Saturday. This will be a nail biter.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I doubt IO has a chance at beating JW this weekend anymore, it was nice while it lasted. It's an uphill battle for JW to take TA's second weekend record though, Friday's numbers were too low. If it gets 42M today, it needs 33M tomorrow to beat TA.

Father's Day is gonna be under 10% and maybe under 5% drop...maybe even close to flat if there is some sellout spillover from today (which I think there will be).

LOL. A $42m locks it breaking TA's second weekend record. It's Father's Day on Sunday. Movies like JP have almost non-existent drops.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 2

Edit: Oh wow, TA did 29M on it's second Friday and 42 on Saturday. This will be a nail biter.

Sunday is FD. If it does $42 today it's not dropping by $9 million on Sunday

• Like 1

Newman is is some crazy genius and Hammond spare's no expense. Yet Hammond doesn't pay the only guy who knows the security and computer system what he needs. Yet for as a smart as he is, he scheduled his shut down for the exact moment a hurricane comes and the scientists, consultants, etc are in town as opposed to any other moment when Hammond was off the island, there wasn't extra attention going on,etc etc. I mean, he only built the fucking system, but he couldn't give himself a better opening? Hammond spent money on the stupidest things, but not door locks or the cash Nedry needed to take care of his problems?

Really?

And of course, it all shuts down and the hurricane hits right as theyre in front of the t-rex post, of all posts...

Jurassic Park is RIDICULOUSLY dependent upon crazy coincidence after crazy coincidence and out of character decision after out of character decision.

Edited by ExcelFTW

IO deserves its due, even going against another movie grossing $100m it's going to do as well as it is. Major success this weekend for the industry in an already strong season, year.

Not much more you can say about JW other than lol & wow.

Edited by GiantCALBears

Much as I love JP1, Newman's fuckups are definitely hilarious plot contrivances if you really want to nitpick it.

And then he gets hired as a mailman after he couldn't deliver 1 can of shaving cream to the docks on time.

Newman is is some crazy genius and Hammond spare's no expense. Yet Hammond doesn't pay the only guy who knows the security and computer system what he needs. Yet for as a smart as he is, he scheduled his shut down for the exact moment a hurricane comes and the scientists, consultants, etc are in town as opposed to any other moment when Hammond was off the island, there wasn't extra attention going on,etc etc. I mean, he only built the fucking system, but he couldn't give himself a better opening? Hammond spent money on the stupidest things, but not door locks or the cash Nedry needed to take care of his problems?

Really?

And of course, it all shuts down and the hurricane hits right as theyre in front of the t-rex post, of all posts...

Jurassic Park is RIDICULOUSLY dependent upon crazy coincidence after crazy coincidence and out of character decision after out of character decision.

Much as I love JP1, Newman's fuckups are definitely hilarious plot contrivances if you really want to nitpick it.

See above. Newman is great too. But yeah.

Plot holes in JP are - ALMOST - as bad as CAPTAIN AMERICA 2.

IO deserves its due, even going against another movie grossing $100m it's going to do as well as it is. Major success this weekend for the industry in an already strong season, year.

Not much more you can say about JW other than lol & wow.

And a special congratulations to Comcast.

• Like 1