#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

The fact that JW's second weekend is looking like it's heading to over $100m+ is so much more impressive than TA's second weekend. TA had an open field in its second weekend, not a fucking $80m+ opener. 

• Like 9

I am not even gonna think about this as a possibility. Right now I would be happy with anything over 100M 2nd weekend.

You are right, but RTHs Numbers are there to work with them and with 31m, 100m would be absolutely locked.

31m

38,75m (+25%)

33m (-15%)

That's the absolute worst case I can see from there.

• Like 1

don't underplay it. for weekend two avengers had to go against dark shadows.

hey guys, remember dark shadows?

IMAX had an exclusive contract with WB for Dark Shadows and WB didn't even fight it when they were like "fuck this" and kept Avengers in most of their theaters :rofl:

• Like 1

don't underplay it. for weekend two avengers had to go against dark shadows.

hey guys, remember dark shadows?

I remember something about Eva Green in that film.

• Like 2

The fact that JW's second weekend is looking like it's heading to over $100m+ is so much more impressive than TA's second weekend. TA had an open field in its second weekend, not a fucking $80m+ opener.

And it made $25m lower in weekday money. JP4 is a freaking monster.

So families caught movie fever for the last two weekends.

Are adults going to show up for Ted 2 next weekend?

Won't be surprised if that ends up being the summer's big casualty. I've been thinking it might be for  awhile, but now with such great performances by other adult aimed films I really think it could be in trouble. Or this summer will just be an endless money machine for Hollywood. 100m+ for all future summer wide releases!

Ted 2 is going into the 60's. You heard it here first. Now back to Bob with sports.

Dude, look at my signature :lol: 

I have that there for a week now :lol: 

Which proves the point even more.

I don't see how. I mean it's an apples and oranges comparison because Thankgsiving weekend doesn't behave like any other except possibly Easter. But your statement was that the jump was less impressive because kids were in school on Thursday. Kids weren't in school, though, so if the jump is less impressive, it's got to be for some other reason.