baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I feel bad for Rth lol he probably feels like he's back in school, teachers harping him questions right before exams. I'm guilty as the rest of you but... lets just be thankful.

Thank you Rth and all that you do for us!

• Like 11

After Universal last week, and Disney 2 days ago, WB just hit 1B at the domestic box office this year: http://deadline.com/2015/06/warner-bros-1b-domestic-box-office-climb-2015-1201459046/

First Universal, then Disney and now Warner Bros. The Burbank-based studio has just logged the fastest $1B domestic box office ever for the studio with a slate that included such films as American Sniper, and two New Line titles — The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armiesand San Andreas. It also marks the 15th consecutive year that the studio has passed that milestone — the only studio to ever have that great of a run, year-by-year.

• Like 1

Watched 3 movies tonight:

Unfinished Business - We went in with low expectations, but it was surprisingly enjoyable. Surprisingly positive messages throughout. Certainly wasn't expecting that. It had enough laughs to make us chuckle every now and then. And Franco is playing an awsome Franco-y role. Perfect Franco. Was the movie great? No. Was it a decent way to spend an hour and a half? Sure. I've seen far worse movies. I'd rate it "good enough for a watch".

The Infinite Man - Wow, we knew very little about this beforehand, and were super impressed. This is a serious time travel movie. (Well, not done for the most serious of reasons, but the time travel parts of it were surprisingly logical.) Two warnings though: 1) this was definitely a small indy movie, so expect nothing more, and 2) you really need to be paying attention. Not for the clowns who are going to be spending half the movie looking at phones/tablets/computers/etc. Really good stuff though. The characters were something else. Highly recommended, though obviously it won't be for everyone.

Survivor - Milla Jovovich. Robert Forster. James Bond. Jarvis (from Agent Carter). Angela Bassett. We hoped the cast would save it, but it didn't. It was never a horrible movie. But it never got good either. It always stayed in the mediocre to average range. Its about an embassy employee trying to stop the bad guys. If you sit there and try to guess how the plot will unfold as you watch this movie, you'll probably find it rather easy to predict.

• Like 1