Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

I'm not saying Jason Clarke isn't a good actor. I just don't think he's ever going to be much of a draw.

I don't think anyone is disputing that. I think CJohn's just saying he'd rather have a good actor who isn't a draw as opposed to a mediocre actor who isn't a draw.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is disputing that. I think CJohn's just saying he'd rather have a good actor who isn't a draw as opposed to a mediocre actor who isn't a draw.

Jai Courtney wished he was mediocre :P But yeah, you understood what I was saying.

No use in analyzing mmxl, wb soent nothing on it so it's making a profit no matter how small.

Lol @ universal holding onto the number one movie for a month. No one saw this coming.

After Die Hard 5 and Terminator 5.  Is Jai banned from Classic 80's Action Franchises? LOL.   I know when he was a kid he never imagined working with John McClain and The Terminator.  Lucky guy.

Lethal Weapon reboot coming

• Like 2

After Die Hard 5 and Terminator 5.  Is Jai banned from Classic 80's Action Franchises? LOL.   I know when he was a kid he never imagined working with John McClain and The Terminator.  Lucky guy.

Surely he can meet these celebrities without starring in movies.

I'm sure I am the only one thinking this but I thought Jason Clark was actually worse Jail Courtney. I like Jason Clark I think he's a very good actor and he has charisma in the right role but I thought he was horribly miscast or just didn't have the right script to work with in this movie. I found him to be bland and fairly vanilla. I thought Courtney was actually fairly decent for what he had to work with.

• Like 1

I'm sure I am the only one thinking this but I thought Jason Clark was actually worse Jail Courtney. I like Jason Clark I think he's a very good actor and he has charisma in the right role but I thought he was horribly miscast or just didn't have the right script to work with in this movie. I found him to be bland and fairly vanilla. I thought Courtney was actually fairly decent for what he had to work with.

Would you say more/less miscast than in Dawn? Because I thought he was all sorts of wrong for that movie.

• Like 1

Honestly to me no one except arnold and jk (with about 3 minutes of screentime) came across well in that movie.

Edited by cooliod1
  • Like 2

Arnold was, by far, the best thing going on that movie. J K was his usual good self as well.

The rest were decent enough. Not bad but not great.

As for the movie itself; overall I thought it was fairly decent. Story got a little far fetched and convoluted though.

Even though we're probably not gonna get those sequels, I'm actually interested to see where the story was going.

Awesome for JW and IO. Two of the most fun box office runs to follow in a while.

I agree, but box office wise. I think this franchise needs another draw to go with Arnold. If it want's to do better with domestic audiences.  If there's a next movie. They should totally bring in a big name to play the main villain.

If it's someone like Matt Smith,

I don't see a sequel doing much better then this one domestically either. But if you add a younger actor with draw potential as a villain. The thought of Arnold vs the actor could become a appealing. Many have said the Rock, but they won't get him. But someone that could sell a little.

Edited by gb0708

Glad JW eked it out again. Now IO can be the highest grossing non-#1 movie, and the first 300 one as well. Also, when was our last summer movie to do 4 weekends in a row? I know TA and GotG got 3 in a row, but not 4.

GOTG only got 2 weekends at number one consecutively. It was 2nd on its second, 3rd and 4th weekend but first on its fifth and sixth.

• Like 1