CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Last Drive-in I've been to was when I lived in Santa Cruz CA nearly 20 years ago.  Double feature of Men in Black and The Lost World with an intermission between.  My memories of the drive-in are pretty good but I probably wouldn't like it much now. :lol:

I just don't watch them anymore and haven't for over a decade.  I feel like I've grown out of them, but thats not to say anyone older who still watches them is abnormal. ;)

It's a freaking cesspool...give me an indoor screen with A/C, clean bathrooms, and a cultured audience over that every time.

Terminator is basically tracking to Lone Ranger's dailies. A finish O/U 90M looks likely for it.

Suitable punishment for selling out to PG-13. Maybe if they wanted to attract more teens they should have replaced Arnold with a name actor like The Rock or someone. Just because the movies made 31 - 24 years ago had Arnold shouldn't mean the new movie has to, after all, the last one didn't.

You never outgrow good storytelling, of which animation is rife with.

Well, I hate kids and I don't like cute talking animals and most animated movies happened to feature them heavily... :lol:

I don't hate them though, I just prefer other genres.

Why are people expecting Minions to fall on Sat? If it sets the OD record, then it will also take the OW record. 

Toy Story 3 has OD record but OW still belongs to Shrek 3.

I think they're expecting Minions to be more front-loaded.

And personally I hope it'll crash tomorrow, I love those little yellow guys but Minions deserves no record.

Edited by bladels

No updated numbers in the last 2.5 hours?

It's done.

It's over.

Stop checking out this topic for updates.

Go outside and do something else, and buy your McDonalds Happy Meal with free Minions toy.

The Friday actuals will be out in 10 hours anyway. :ph34r:

Yay IO went up!!! :D

And Minions got the same Cinemascore as IO? So they just asked the kids this time around apparently.

Or...and I know this might come as a shock to you guys....people, real people, actually like the Minions.  

• Like 3

Yay IO went up!!! :D

And Minions got the same Cinemascore as IO? So they just asked the kids this time around apparently.

Haha, you are so funny. Not every adult has to be as butthurt as you are and most people just look to have fun when they go to the movies, not to citicize every little thing. Loosen up. You might just enjoy life more.

• Like 3

And this year people really don't like horror films.

What's going on?

We're in 1993-1995 again.  Horror needs a shot in the arm,