CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

IO is pulling at least 18m this weekend. TS3 holds from here on out put it at 350m total. 

JW is pulling 19. Avengers holds from here on out put it at 655m total. 

And believe it or not, putting those multipliers together, IO and JW would EACH make 65m. Meaning they'll be together till the day they die.

• Like 11

If Finding Dory doesn't snatch those Shrek records, nothing likely will for the next 10 years. Absolutely ridiculous how far ahead of all other CGI animated fair (domestically) that franchise was at its peak.

Frozen 2 had a legitimate chance, assuming it opens on a Friday in the next 10 years.

IO is pulling at least 18m this weekend. TS3 holds from here on out put it at 350m total. 

And believe it or not, putting those multipliers together, IO and JW would EACH make 65m. Meaning they'll be together till the day they die.

IO and JW are partners for life.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

Plus, after its amazing recovery, the official estimates were at 161m and Nolan fans were crushed. Then it turns out it was overestimated by 3m. So many amazing swings over the weekend.

It was almost as if Peyton Manning was about to destroy the souls of Patriots fans worldwide, and then Tom Brady snatched away victory. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Great for IO and JW. Good for Minions too but I hope it doesn't get to the record. I'll like Dory to be the one to finally beat that record.

Btw, talking about old weekend threads, is the DH2 OW/main thread still here? I would love to see the reactions of members to its abnormally high numbers and then abnormally high drops.

Great for IO and JW. Good for Minions too but I hope it doesn't get to the record. I'll like Dory to be the one to finally beat that record.

Btw, talking about old weekend threads, is the DH2 OW/main thread still here? I would love to see the reactions of members to its abnormally high numbers and then abnormally high drops.

DH2 was the BOM days. It's lost forever.

Not so sure we can directly compare JP4 to TA1's late run. Disney re-expanded it when the film was already just about dead at $618m. They put it in over 1,700 theaters and it made another $5m. I doubt Universal will do the same thing, so JP4 would need even stronger holds to have the same kind of multi the rest of the way as TA1.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

The best derailed thread was the one that got me the Trainwreck Mattrek. Cheezburger kittens galore. 80 pages (I think?) on a weekday thread full of nothing lol. Only some will remember that.

• Like 1