CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

My tastes are...

tumblr_lskqytvn9C1qestqs.gif

Just a Question? You said if you are planning to love a movie you love it, that prety strange tbh. Most of the time i am planning to like something I get out disapointed.

Just a Question? You said if you are planning to love a movie you love it, that prety strange tbh. Most of the time i am planning to like something I get out disapointed.

I am very particular with what I like and when a movie looks like that I know I won't find anything wrong with it (case with Minions, Jupiter Ascending, BvS, The Hobbit, POTC and Fantastic Beasts, though I haven't seen any material for it). Some are pure fanboy stuff (Potter, LOTR), some are because of the themes in the trailers and predecessors (BvS - has the best trailer I've ever seen because of the power corrupts" angle + I LOVED MoS, much more than the TDK trilogy), some are because I think they look god-ish (Jupiter Ascending, Minions).

Of course, it might turn out that there are movies I like even more. Like, this year, my favourites so far are 'Mad Max' and 'Fury' (I have just recently seen it), both of which did not enter in my 'crazy antticipated' schedule. 

• Like 1

People need to stop using Titanic's boxoffice run to belittle the performance of all modern blockbusters.

Titanic's run was good for is time, but the boxoffice is completely different nowadays and there limits to how much movie can make.

No, because it's not just in admissions that Titanic is hard to beat.

• Like 1

Let's hope The Gallows is the final nail in the found footage coffin. Also why the hell is it rated R? If it had come out pre 2000 it would have been rated PG, not PG13, PG. There is nothing in it at all, it's bullshit! Just goes to show the MPAA standards are a lot stricter than they used to be.

And it's equally impressive for both films - Minions because it's the only non disney franchise that reached such heights since Shrek and IO because it's an original film!

And they were both released on the same weekend. lol

Saying Titanic's run was good is like saying Wayne Greatly and Michael Jordan were good players. The redefines how the game was played just like Titanic redefined the box office.

• Like 6