grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

these are not realistic expectations. it's worst case scenario. not gonna happen. what competition does it have?

Godzilla, and more importantly Dark Phoenix and Pets 2. 'Zilla might only do $50m OW, but Dark Phoenix and Pets 2 will do some heavy damage on Aladdin.

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

these are not realistic expectations. it's worst case scenario. not gonna happen. what competition does it have?

It’s going to have a 55%-60% drop second weekend and probably another 50% drop third weekend due to direct competition. MDay openers aren’t known for good legs.

tbh the competition in the weeks ahead don't look that intense for this. It'll see a drop of 50% next weekend more because its opening is a 4-day holiday than competition (which is a monster movie and two R-rated titles). Could see it stabilizing after that as we get further into the summer.

6 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

The highest Beauty and the Beast ever had at ANY POINT was a 79%, and that was 2 weeks before release. Seeing this at 87% right now 2 days before release is shocking... to say the least.

Edit: I just refreshed it and its down to a 77% (6.61 average)... still though...

Nevermind, it just dropped down. DAMN that didn't take long! From an 86 to 77 in seconds!!!

Edited by jedijake

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Wut. Godzilla OW > Dark Pheonix OW

Not with that China WoM... it's tracking huge there, so I could see it surprising domestic too - like Aquaman did a few months back. After Aladdin, I wouldn't be shocked if that got good reviews too.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am confident this doing MU Numbers DOM ($270M) since the beginning and that’s what I’m thinking.

$800M WW seems right as well.

i'll take it. sounds about right

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Not with that China WoM... it's tracking huge there, so I could see it surprising domestic too - like Aquaman did a few months back. After Aladdin, I wouldn't be shocked if that got good reviews too.

I don’t see Dark Phoenix opening that high. The roof would probably be $40M. 

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Nevermind, it just dropped down. DAMN that didn't take long! From an 86 to 77 in seconds!!!

When it’s that high with few reviews, it only takes 1 or 2 negatives for it to decrease 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1